- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog 11 Months Ago
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle 11 Months Ago
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia 11 Months Ago
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man 11 Months Ago
- Paul Rudd acts his tail off in Netflix’s ‘Living With Yourself’ Today 8:15 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Modern Love’ adaptation feels like an ad for love Today 7:00 AM
- Paul Dano will play the Riddler in ‘The Batman’ Today 6:59 AM
- How Fakku pulled classic dating game True Love ’95 out of licensing hell Today 6:00 AM
- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
K-pop star Jennie, of wildly popular group Blackpink, made her solo debut on Monday. Her song is called “Solo,” and it lit up social media and rushed up streaming charts.
The song has over 18.7 million views on YouTube as of Tuesday morning. Jennie, who is 22 years old, is also the first Korean female soloist to hit iTunes Top 10 in the U.S. She also hit No. 1 on Melon, a popular South Korean music streaming service.
With 'SOLO', Jennie becomes the first K-Pop female soloist to rank at #1 on the Worldwide iTunes Song Chart. pic.twitter.com/87Whoy2kRw— BLACKPINK Charts (@chartsblackpink) November 12, 2018
'SOLO' by JENNIE has achieved its 2nd roof-hit on MelOn as of 9AM KST. pic.twitter.com/zkpSuoP7sU— BLACKPINK Charts (@chartsblackpink) November 13, 2018
The lyrics are supposed to portray Jennie as a “vulnerable” but also a “powerful, independent woman,” she told the Korea Times.
Her fans are obsessed with her beautiful outfits in the music video.
omg there realy are 20 amazing outfits in 3 minutes— Zoom Zoom103 (@Zoom_Zoom103) November 12, 2018
Others are celebrating how amazing she looks.
as expected from queen jennie pic.twitter.com/afhl7EGYIL— #SOLO (@roseannenator) November 12, 2018
stream solo pic.twitter.com/MHRHBGXXaI— sova #mono #solo #xx (@rubyjsova) November 12, 2018
Jennie revealed her “Solo” performance at Blackpink’s first Seoul show at the Olympic Gymnastics Arena over the weekend, according to the Korea Times.
Blackpink debuted in 2016 with hits “Whitsle” and “Boombayah,” which has received over 417 million views on YouTube. The two songs also hit No. 1 on the world digital songs chart, according to Billboard.
Blackpink will have its first world tour, “2019 In Your Area,” from January to March in Bangkok, Jakarta, Hong Kong, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and Taipei.
H/T Korea Times
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.