- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
- Russian bots targeting Joe Biden on Instagram Monday 10:04 PM
- TikTok takes down 2 dozen ISIS accounts being used for recruitment Monday 9:38 PM
- British judge refuses to delay WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s extradition hearing Monday 8:01 PM
- Indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas’ private Instagram filled with Trump connections Monday 7:22 PM
- ‘Bomboclaat’ is the new ‘sco pa tu manaa’ Monday 7:00 PM
- Lori Harvey reportedly trying to walk away from car crash spawns memes Monday 6:00 PM
- In Netflix’s ‘Upstarts,’ Silicon Valley CEOs are the good guys Monday 4:35 PM
- This video of a tree struck by lightning is… relatable? Monday 4:13 PM
- How to watch ‘Keeping Faith’ Monday 3:37 PM
- ‘South Park’ at the center of $500 million streaming war Monday 3:16 PM
- Pizza Hut and Papa John’s employees pranked into talking to each other on the phone Monday 2:34 PM
- Twitter bullies brought Jordan Peterson to tears Monday 2:24 PM
- 25 last-minute Halloween costumes for those with no time to shop Monday 1:30 PM
Father sings The Beatles to his 3-day-old newborn just before it dies
The mother died giving birth.
When Chris Picco lost his wife during the premature birth of their son earlier in November, he turned to the only person he had left to remember her through—the couple’s newborn baby, Lennon.
According to the memorial page set up by Picco, his wife Ashley died from complications on Nov. 8 during Lennon’s birth, who was due next February. However in a double tragedy, young Lennon was only around for three days, dying on Nov. 11.
The day before the young boy passed away, Picco sang an emotional rendition of the Beatles standard “Blackbird” to Lennon while he lay in an incubator in a California hospital. According to his father, the newborn died from complications as a result of being born so early.
Since the deaths of both, the family set up a memorial fund to pay for the medical expenses of the ordeal with a target of $50,000. In a matter of hours, the page lists the total funding at more than $56,000.
Correction 12:52pm CT, Nov. 13: This story’s headline has been corrected to clarify the age of young Lennon, who was born prematurely at 24 weeks but only survived outside his mother’s womb for three days.
Screengrab via Chris Picco/YouTube
Ned Donovan is a politics and entertainment journalist who's done stints with GQ, Wired, and the Daily Mail. His bylines have also appeared in the Week, the Telegraph, BuzzFeed, History Today, and elsewhere.