- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
“Big Bang Theory” star makes personal plea to Dwight Howard
The Houston Rockets called upon their biggest celebrity fan to woo the biggest NBA superstar on the market right now.
It’s been called “The Indecision.” Soon, potentially, NBA superstar Dwight Howard will announce which team he’ll be suiting up for next season.
Houston Rockets have stepped into the conversation with the unlikeliest of allies: Sheldon Cooper.
Cooper, the genius theoretical physicist from The Big Bang Theory, doesn’t seem like he’d be a big basketball fan. But Jim Parsons, the Emmy award-winning actor who’s portrayed him on TV for the past six years, certainly is.
The Houston native is a lifelong Rockets fan and would love to see the Los Angeles Lakers center come to Houston. He pleaded his case on YouTube in a personal video, which was uploaded to Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey’s channel.
“I personally believe that the center is the most important position on any basketball team, and I think that’s what usually leads to winning championships,” Parson explained.
If you’re looking for laughs, you might want to stick to watching The Big Bang Theory. Parsons is speaking to Howard as a fan, and he wants them to succeed. What that will take, according to Parsons, is an elite center like Howard.
“I believe if you play for the Rockets, you could play some of the best and most exciting basketball of your entire career, and I think bring home a few rings,” Parsons said.
Howard’s still deciding his best move, but if he joins Houston he’ll already have a fanbase waiting for him.
Update: USA Today reports that Howard will sign with the Rockets.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.