- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
“Big Bang Theory” star makes personal plea to Dwight Howard
The Houston Rockets called upon their biggest celebrity fan to woo the biggest NBA superstar on the market right now.
It’s been called “The Indecision.” Soon, potentially, NBA superstar Dwight Howard will announce which team he’ll be suiting up for next season.
Houston Rockets have stepped into the conversation with the unlikeliest of allies: Sheldon Cooper.
Cooper, the genius theoretical physicist from The Big Bang Theory, doesn’t seem like he’d be a big basketball fan. But Jim Parsons, the Emmy award-winning actor who’s portrayed him on TV for the past six years, certainly is.
The Houston native is a lifelong Rockets fan and would love to see the Los Angeles Lakers center come to Houston. He pleaded his case on YouTube in a personal video, which was uploaded to Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey’s channel.
“I personally believe that the center is the most important position on any basketball team, and I think that’s what usually leads to winning championships,” Parson explained.
If you’re looking for laughs, you might want to stick to watching The Big Bang Theory. Parsons is speaking to Howard as a fan, and he wants them to succeed. What that will take, according to Parsons, is an elite center like Howard.
“I believe if you play for the Rockets, you could play some of the best and most exciting basketball of your entire career, and I think bring home a few rings,” Parsons said.
Howard’s still deciding his best move, but if he joins Houston he’ll already have a fanbase waiting for him.
Update: USA Today reports that Howard will sign with the Rockets.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.