- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate player’s trans flag removed for being ‘political’ Monday 7:37 PM
- Does Donald Trump Jr. know what American soldiers do? Monday 7:17 PM
- Sophie Turner has a hot take on Arya’s ‘Game of Thrones’ sex scene Monday 6:50 PM
- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Monday 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Monday 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Monday 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Monday 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Monday 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Monday 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Monday 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Monday 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Monday 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Monday 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Monday 12:55 PM
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Monday 12:15 PM
Bieber girlfriend contest spawns Overly Attached Girlfriend meme
Justin Bieber’s contest to launch his perfume leverages his fans’ love. Too bad there’s already a fragrance called “Obsession.”
YouTuber wzr0713 probably won’t win Justin Bieber’s singing contest, but she’s already won Reddit’s heart by spawning a new meme.
Titled “JB Fanvideo,” wzr0713 follows Beiber’s directions for his new fragrance contest to the T: she makes her own version of “Boyfriend” but with an intentionally creepy twist.
After staring eerily into the camera with her mouth agape for nine seconds, wzr0713 launches into her own rendition of “Girlfriend.” The lyrics are as creepy and clingy as they come:
“I’ll always be checking up on you. Hey boy, who you talking to? If I was your girlfriend, I’d never let you leave—without a small recording device, taped under your sleeve.”
“The modern Every Breath you take right there!,” STINGNL wrote on YouTube.
Within twelve hours of being linked on Reddit, “JB Fanvideo” hit the front page, meaning it’s only a matter of time before wzr0713’s rhymes spread throughout the Internet.
At some point this morning, the “Overly Attached Girlfriend” meme was born, based on a still from wzr0713’s video entry.
The first image macro created on quickmeme says, “I sewed my name on all your shirts, in case you forgot you’re taken.”
At press time, the image had been viewed more than 300,000 times, and inspired more than 175 other image macros in five hours.
Photo via wzr0713
Fruzsina Eördögh was the Daily Dot's first YouTube reporter. In addition to working as a producer for the now-defunct digital channel TouchVision TV, Eördögh has been published by Vice, the Christian Science Monitor, the Guardian, Variety, and Slate.