- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress 7 Years Ago
- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people 7 Years Ago
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
- How to watch ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 online Today 8:21 AM
- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird Today 7:07 AM
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why did the GOP launch a website hyping socialist candidates? Today 6:30 AM
- The macrophilia and size-change fetish communities are made possible through the magic of the internet Today 6:00 AM
- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
Bieber girlfriend contest spawns Overly Attached Girlfriend meme
Justin Bieber’s contest to launch his perfume leverages his fans’ love. Too bad there’s already a fragrance called “Obsession.”
YouTuber wzr0713 probably won’t win Justin Bieber’s singing contest, but she’s already won Reddit’s heart by spawning a new meme.
Titled “JB Fanvideo,” wzr0713 follows Beiber’s directions for his new fragrance contest to the T: she makes her own version of “Boyfriend” but with an intentionally creepy twist.
After staring eerily into the camera with her mouth agape for nine seconds, wzr0713 launches into her own rendition of “Girlfriend.” The lyrics are as creepy and clingy as they come:
“I’ll always be checking up on you. Hey boy, who you talking to? If I was your girlfriend, I’d never let you leave—without a small recording device, taped under your sleeve.”
“The modern Every Breath you take right there!,” STINGNL wrote on YouTube.
Within twelve hours of being linked on Reddit, “JB Fanvideo” hit the front page, meaning it’s only a matter of time before wzr0713’s rhymes spread throughout the Internet.
At some point this morning, the “Overly Attached Girlfriend” meme was born, based on a still from wzr0713’s video entry.
The first image macro created on quickmeme says, “I sewed my name on all your shirts, in case you forgot you’re taken.”
At press time, the image had been viewed more than 300,000 times, and inspired more than 175 other image macros in five hours.
Photo via wzr0713
Fruzsina Eördögh was the Daily Dot's first YouTube reporter. In addition to working as a producer for the now-defunct digital channel TouchVision TV, Eördögh has been published by Vice, the Christian Science Monitor, the Guardian, Variety, and Slate.