- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Thursday 10:15 AM
- Biden brings tepid language to the healthcare debate Thursday 9:52 AM
- TikTok’s ‘chin on palm’ challenge has people scratching their heads Thursday 9:01 AM
- How to stream the 2019 NFL Draft for free Thursday 9:00 AM
Bieber girlfriend contest spawns Overly Attached Girlfriend meme
Justin Bieber’s contest to launch his perfume leverages his fans’ love. Too bad there’s already a fragrance called “Obsession.”
YouTuber wzr0713 probably won’t win Justin Bieber’s singing contest, but she’s already won Reddit’s heart by spawning a new meme.
Titled “JB Fanvideo,” wzr0713 follows Beiber’s directions for his new fragrance contest to the T: she makes her own version of “Boyfriend” but with an intentionally creepy twist.
After staring eerily into the camera with her mouth agape for nine seconds, wzr0713 launches into her own rendition of “Girlfriend.” The lyrics are as creepy and clingy as they come:
“I’ll always be checking up on you. Hey boy, who you talking to? If I was your girlfriend, I’d never let you leave—without a small recording device, taped under your sleeve.”
“The modern Every Breath you take right there!,” STINGNL wrote on YouTube.
Within twelve hours of being linked on Reddit, “JB Fanvideo” hit the front page, meaning it’s only a matter of time before wzr0713’s rhymes spread throughout the Internet.
At some point this morning, the “Overly Attached Girlfriend” meme was born, based on a still from wzr0713’s video entry.
The first image macro created on quickmeme says, “I sewed my name on all your shirts, in case you forgot you’re taken.”
At press time, the image had been viewed more than 300,000 times, and inspired more than 175 other image macros in five hours.
Photo via wzr0713
Fruzsina Eördögh was the Daily Dot's first YouTube reporter. In addition to working as a producer for the now-defunct digital channel TouchVision TV, Eördögh has been published by Vice, the Christian Science Monitor, the Guardian, Variety, and Slate.