- People have started laundering money on Fortnite 5 Years Ago
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Today 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Today 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Today 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Today 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Today 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Today 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Today 1:00 AM
- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
- Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ courts controversy Saturday 6:19 PM
While you were sleeping, Beyoncé dropped a brand-new album on iTunes
So crazy right now.
So crazy right now. While you were sleeping, Beyoncé crept down your chimney and gave your the best gift of the season you never saw coming—a 14-track, self-titled “visual” album, released exclusively on iTunes.
Guest stars include Frank Ocean, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Drake, Jay Z, and Knowles’s own daughter, Blue Ivy.
Best thing to wake up to ever ever ever ever ever ever ever.
— bobby finger (@bobbyfinger) December 13, 2013
Here’s her promo on Instagram:
The 32-year-old singer also released 30-second previews for every video on her YouTube channel.
— Caroline MT (@CaroMt) December 13, 2013
— Slade Sohmer (@SladeHV) December 13, 2013
And this happened:
— Julia Kern (@juliamkern) December 13, 2013
Weirdly, someone named Boots is all over the album credits. Who is this mysterious collaborator? BuzzFeed’s Myles Tanzer got to the bottom of it.
We’ll update this with a lot more because we have to actually finish listening to it.
GIF via fuckyesbeyonce/Tumblr
It’s a good day for quiet releases. Lorde has a new track called “No Better,” and it looks like Britney Spears is gearing up for something too:
Have a little surprise coming for you all in a bit…any guesses as to what it is?! #BritneySurprise
— Britney Spears (@britneyspears) December 13, 2013
If you haven’t heard it or if you’re just a hater, stay off social media today because it’s going to be all Beyoncé, all the time. Oh, and if you want the tl;dr version, this is the only comment you need to read.
Update: Beyoncé is now No. 1 on iTunes—without any promotion. It seems the element of surprise, not to mention the fear of missing out on Beyoncé (a.k.a. F.O.M.O.O.B.), got a lot of people to shell out $15.
Photo via Jason H. Smith/Flickr
A former assigning editor for the Daily Dot, Cooper Fleishman's work focused on the web culture and niche internet communities. He joined Mic as a senior editor in 2015. His work has been published by HyperVocal and the Good Men Project, and he previously copyedited for Rolling Stone, Men's Journal, and Us Weekly.