- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out 5 Years Ago
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Today 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Today 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Today 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Today 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Today 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Today 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
Blue Ivy stole the spotlight from Beyoncé at the VMAs
It’s Beyoncé’s world and we’re just here to watch it.
Sure, the rest of the VMAs might be worth catching up with the next morning, but it all came down to Beyoncé taking the stage in the final performance of the night. Before the show, she was one of the most buzzed-about people attending, even after arriving late, and she was to receive the 2014 Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
— MAKERS (@MAKERSwomen) August 25, 2014
— Neetzan Zimmerman (@neetzan) August 25, 2014
And viewers were treated to 16 minutes of near flawlessness with the one person who could take away the spotlight from the Queen.
When it came to Beyoncé accepting her award after the medley, she was joined by a surprise guest, as teased by MTV. And that guest happened to be none other than Blue Ivy, held by Jay Z in a display of love and affection that may quench some of the divorce rumors for now.
You can watch Beyoncé’s entire performance here.
H/T Jezebel | Screengrab via MTV
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.