- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
It’s Beyoncé’s world and we’re just here to watch it.
Sure, the rest of the VMAs might be worth catching up with the next morning, but it all came down to Beyoncé taking the stage in the final performance of the night. Before the show, she was one of the most buzzed-about people attending, even after arriving late, and she was to receive the 2014 Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
— MAKERS (@MAKERSwomen) August 25, 2014
— Neetzan Zimmerman (@neetzan) August 25, 2014
And viewers were treated to 16 minutes of near flawlessness with the one person who could take away the spotlight from the Queen.
When it came to Beyoncé accepting her award after the medley, she was joined by a surprise guest, as teased by MTV. And that guest happened to be none other than Blue Ivy, held by Jay Z in a display of love and affection that may quench some of the divorce rumors for now.
You can watch Beyoncé’s entire performance here.
H/T Jezebel | Screengrab via MTV
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.