- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
It’s Beyoncé’s world and we’re just here to watch it.
Sure, the rest of the VMAs might be worth catching up with the next morning, but it all came down to Beyoncé taking the stage in the final performance of the night. Before the show, she was one of the most buzzed-about people attending, even after arriving late, and she was to receive the 2014 Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
— MAKERS (@MAKERSwomen) August 25, 2014
— Neetzan Zimmerman (@neetzan) August 25, 2014
And viewers were treated to 16 minutes of near flawlessness with the one person who could take away the spotlight from the Queen.
When it came to Beyoncé accepting her award after the medley, she was joined by a surprise guest, as teased by MTV. And that guest happened to be none other than Blue Ivy, held by Jay Z in a display of love and affection that may quench some of the divorce rumors for now.
You can watch Beyoncé’s entire performance here.
H/T Jezebel | Screengrab via MTV
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.