- Report: Black women receive way more abusive tweets than white women 6 Years Ago
- Roger Stone to publicly apologize for spreading lies on InfoWars 6 Years Ago
- Netflix true crime series ‘The Innocent Man’ is a missed opportunity Today 7:31 AM
- What can we learn from Ivanka Trump’s private email server? Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch National Geographic online for free Today 7:30 AM
- Bongo Cat proves that the internet still loves cats Today 7:00 AM
- Organize your life with the 10 best free calendar apps Today 6:00 AM
- How many devices can you stream YouTube TV with at once? Today 6:00 AM
- Watch Tiffany Pollard sell the sh*t out of Fenty Beauty makeup Monday 8:05 PM
- Speech pathologist sues Texas school district for right to boycott Israel Monday 5:25 PM
- ‘Fresh Prince’ actor sues Fortnite developer for using the Carlton dance Monday 4:40 PM
- 3D-printed head fools Android facial recognition Monday 3:01 PM
- FCC finally releases emails on Ajit Pai’s ‘Harlem Shake’ video Monday 2:33 PM
- Wall Street Journal website hacked with ‘apology’ to PewDiePie Monday 1:26 PM
- YouTube star James Charles feels ‘unsafe’ after home address leaks Monday 12:28 PM
The 90-year-old actress will auction herself off on eBay to raise money for the SPCA of Los Angeles, which is marking its 135th anniversary. Bidding starts at $1,000.
Are you looking for a dinner date? Betty White is available.
On Dec. 3, the 90-year-old actress will auction herself off on eBay to raise money for the SPCA of Los Angeles, which is marking its 135th anniversary. Bidding starts at $1,000. White, a longtime animal rights activist, is dubbed by the organization as “spcaLA’s Friend for life.”
“Obviously there are a huge number of Betty White fans out there, and hopefully, people will be willing to bid significantly to be able to bring themselves and three of their guests to dinner with her,” SPCA Los Angeles President Madeline Bernstein told CBS News. Bernstein herself will also be present at the dinner.
The dinner will take place in the Los Angeles area at one of White’s favorite fine-dining restaurants. The exact location hasn’t been revealed, but given the parties involved, don’t bank on a steakhouse or burger joint.
According to the SPCA of Los Angeles website, the winner’s dinner date “will be scheduled on a day mutually agreed upon by all parties.”
Interest in the offer is already starting to spread online.
“a dinner date with Betty White..? yeah, i’d hit that,” RyanStivers tweeted.
“I’d bid a good amount of $$$ for a date with Betty White :)” tweeted J’Fizzle.
The bidding closes Dec. 10.
Photo via David Shankbone/Flickr
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.