- Stephen Miller’s racist emails leak 5 Years Ago
- Why was parody Twitter account Seinfeld2000 suspended? 5 Years Ago
- Ed Sheeran lookalike trolls YouTubers at KSI-Logan Paul fight Today 10:21 AM
- ‘The World According to Jeff Goldblum’ is for stans only Today 9:28 AM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ live-action redesign is a marked improvement Today 9:01 AM
- U.S. gamers create as much carbon dioxide as 5 million cars Today 8:28 AM
- Disney+ TV characters like Ms. Marvel will appear in MCU movies Today 8:04 AM
- Apple TV+ offers something for younger viewers with ‘Helpsters’ Today 8:01 AM
- How to watch ‘The Mandalorian’ Today 7:34 AM
- ‘Snoopy in Space’ is a delightful kids show that parents will love too Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Lady and the Tramp’ Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Let It Snow’ delivers a stocking full of rom-com coal Today 6:41 AM
- Student allegedly posted roommate’s ‘missing’ flyer on Instagram before being charged with her murder Monday 11:45 PM
- Reddit AITA: Man verbally abused partner through cat impersonations Monday 7:18 PM
- Facebook finally lets you kill distracting navigation bar notifications Monday 6:14 PM
YouTube star Bethany Mota capitalizes on ‘Dancing With The Stars’ profile with new single
‘Need You Right Now’ is definitive dance-pop for teens.
Mota, the super popular YouTuber who normally talks fashion on her channel, branched out this year by appearing on Dancing With The Stars, and is now releasing her first single, “Need You Right Now.”
It quickly jumped to the top of the Billboard Twitter Trending Charts, surpassing musical heavyweights Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift. The single features Mike Tompkins, a fellow YouTuber who has toured with The Jonas Brothers, as a singer and producer. It’s a dance track with very teenager-appropriate lyrics, like “I need you right now, I can’t wait for you, lost beyond the circle of our hearts,” and “second guess every second looking at my phone.” Mota clearly knows her audience.
Mota isn’t the first YouTuber to go pop. Earlier this summer fellow vlogger Troye Sivan released his first album to a top 10 debut and much fan buzz. Mota has an exciting additional platform for her music with her ongoing Dancing With The Stars appearances. Perhaps she can work it into a waltz in an upcoming episode.
Screengrab via Bethany Mota / YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.