- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer 4 Years Ago
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda 4 Years Ago
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Today 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Today 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Today 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Today 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Today 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Today 11:36 AM
- People keep throwing milkshakes at the U.K.’s far-right politicians Today 11:10 AM
- James Charles is rebounding from his YouTube scandal—and his mentor is paying the price Today 10:42 AM
- Conservatives accuse Pete Buttigieg of wanting to tear down Jefferson Memorial Today 10:28 AM
- Graduating Moorehouse students thank billionaire for vowing to pay off $40m in student debt Today 10:22 AM
- ‘Westworld’ season 3 trailer gives us a new world, Aaron Paul Today 10:17 AM
- Twitch streamer says she’s receiving backlash for ‘getting men banned’ Today 9:27 AM
Amazing ‘Wheel of Fortune’ contestant solves puzzle with just one letter
Plenty of people are good at solving Wheel of Fortune‘s puzzles. This guy’s great at it.
Some people are good at solving puzzles, but this guy may be the best Wheel of Fortune contestant ever.
Wheel of Fortune has had its share of bad contestants and really bad contestants, but Matt DeSanto is one of the best contestants the gameshow has ever seen. On Friday’s show, with “character” as the puzzle category, Matt correctly solved the three-word puzzle with only a letter “E” revealed. The winning phrase was “The Lone Ranger.” Astounded, host Pat Sajak joked, “I don’t want to cause trouble at home, but I think there’s a connection with you and Vanna.”
DeSanto wasn’t the first Wheel contestant to solve a puzzle after just one letter, but the speed with which he did it is truly impressive. He went on to dominate the rest of the episode and, as reported by People, posted the biggest total win for a contestant going into the bonus round.
Screengrab via YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.