- ‘Game of Thrones’ brings us lots of horny Tormund memes 5 Years Ago
- Howard Schultz mocked for ‘majority of Americans are Americans’ ad 5 Years Ago
- The ultimate guide to strap-ons Today 8:00 AM
- Why ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ is my favorite Marvel movie Today 7:59 AM
- The quick and dirty guide to buying your first vibrator Today 7:45 AM
- How to watch ‘Live Rescue’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Roger Stone to speak at Virginia strip club Today 6:56 AM
- Trans/Sex: Solid sex toy picks for pre-op and non-op trans women Today 6:30 AM
- Why Barrett Brown burned his National Magazine Award—and what he’s planning next Today 6:30 AM
- That heartbreaking ‘Game of Thrones’ song has key ties to the book Today 6:27 AM
- Here are the 11 best health documentaries on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to add people to Google Home Today 6:00 AM
- How to play Fortnite on Mac Today 5:30 AM
- Feminist memes are a banner of social change on Instagram Today 5:00 AM
- VR game Jupiter and Mars thoughtfully explores climate change Today 4:30 AM
They weren’t all Miley.
Every year, it seems, Heidi Klum makes headlines for her epic Halloween costumes. But this year, she’s got challengers. Everyone from Patrick Stewart to Neil Patrick Harris are going all in. There are lobsters, various interpretations of Miley Cyrus at the VMAs, and a stray Danny Devito. Here are the best Halloween costumes of 2013.
1) Miley Cyrus as Lil Kim
Photo via Miley Cyrus/Instagram
This is my all-time favorite of this year. It’s flawlessly executed, supremely nostalgic, and, most importantly, Lil Kim–approved.
2) Ellen DeGeneres as Nicki Minaj
Ellen DeGeneres once again shocks on Halloween with a spot-on Nicki Minaj costume, right down to the exposed boobies. (Fake, of course.) Ellen debuted her costume on her show today to much laughter and applause.
3) Sir Patrick Stewart as a lobster
Sir Stewart has been winning social media lately, with his hilarious YouTube videos and best friendship with Sir Ian McKellan. Here he is not only dressed as a lobster but chillin’ in a bathtub, like lobsters do.
Photo Patrick Stewart/Twitter
4) Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka as Alice in Wonderland characters
Photo via Neil Patrick Harris/Instagram
NPH and his husband always rule at Halloween costumes, but now that they have their adorable twins, the whole family gets in on the action. They’re all cute as buttons as the cast of Alice In Wonderland.
5) Matt Lauer as Pamela Anderson
Well, this is disturbing. Matt Lauer squeezed into a red bathing suit for the Today Show’s Halloween episode to play Baywatch babe Pamela Anderson. He even had her long blonde hair and rescue floaties. But not her… uh, more prominent assets.
6) Paris Hilton as Miley Cyrus
Photo via Paris Hilton/Instragram
As soon as Miley Cyrus tore off her outfit at the VMAs to reveal her teddy-bear onesie, it was obvious this would be a Halloween costume of choice for 2013. Paris Hilton pulls it off pretty well, and thankfully she didn’t force a friend to dress as Robin Thicke. Points for that.
7) Olympians Alex Morgan and Sydney Leroux as Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke
Photo via Sydney Leroux/Instagram
The duo has collaborated on a Halloween costume for the second year in a row after last year’s awesome decision to dress like fellow Olympians Gabby Douglas and McKayla Maroney. They sure know how to titillate with Morgan as Miley Cyrus and Leroux as sexy Robin Thicke—photos of their couples costume are a hit on social media already.
8) Chris Colfer as R2D2
Photo via Chris Colfer/Instagram
Glee’s Chris Colfer and a friend went as R2D2 and C3PO with a Darth Vader pumpkin to match and a cat dressed as Chewbacca. Way to stay on target, guys!
9) Sarah Hyland as Maggie from The Walking Dead
Photo via Sarah Hyland/Instagram
Instead of being a zombie on Halloween, why not be a zombie killer? Hyland, of Modern Family fame, and her friends dressed as characters from the AMC show The Walking Dead. Let’s just hope they didn’t come across any walkers while partying.
10) Nicole Ritchie as Danny DeVito
Photo via Nicole Ritchie/Instagram
Nicole Ritchie got a taller buddy to team up for a hilarious Twins costume. Ritchie played the tiny Danny DeVito and her friend was the big Arnold Schwarzenegger from the 1988 comedy. The pair recreated the movie’s silly poster. That’s one way to use your small size to your Halloween advantage.
Gaby Dunn is an actress, comedian, and blogger who covered YouTube for the Daily Dot. Since 2016, she’s hosted the podcast ‘Bad with Money,’ and operates a successful YouTube channel. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times, the Boston Globe, Vice, and Salon.