- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
Banksy seems to be the real-life Where’s Waldo, with presumably fewer stripes and more cans of spray paint.
A woman claims to have caught the infamous political graffitist on video in Arena mall in Herzliya Marina, Israel, days before a scheduled art show by Banksy’s former manager. The man caught on film is secluded in a room with spray paint, and is holding a stencil. When he realizes he’s being filmed, he covers his face.
According to the Daily Mail, the Arena mall requires visitors to sign in for access before the mall opens. The woman said an English name was on the list when she signed in, and the security guard said it was an English artist.
Banksy’s latest exhibition is the Walled Off Hotel in Bethlehem, Palestine, which isn’t too far from the site of suspected spotting.
This isn’t the first time someone has claimed to identify the artist , and it likely will not be the last. Banksy is known for being unknown, which naturally drives the public to solve the mystery of his identity.
The latest theorized identity was in March when big-data researchers used a type of geographical profiling to track and unmask Banksy. The team’s theorized identification has been on the list of suspected people for nearly a decade now: Robin Gunningham.
Last September another theory was published, claiming Banksy is actually Robert “3D” Del Naja of the band Massive Attack. In satirical response, the Walled Off Hotel’s website claims 3D from Massive Attack resides in the hotel.
H/T the Daily Mail
Audrey Browning is a content creator and social media manager. In August 2017, she joined Main Street Grub as a community manager.