- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Sunday 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Sunday 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Sunday 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
Banksy seems to be the real-life Where’s Waldo, with presumably fewer stripes and more cans of spray paint.
A woman claims to have caught the infamous political graffitist on video in Arena mall in Herzliya Marina, Israel, days before a scheduled art show by Banksy’s former manager. The man caught on film is secluded in a room with spray paint, and is holding a stencil. When he realizes he’s being filmed, he covers his face.
According to the Daily Mail, the Arena mall requires visitors to sign in for access before the mall opens. The woman said an English name was on the list when she signed in, and the security guard said it was an English artist.
Banksy’s latest exhibition is the Walled Off Hotel in Bethlehem, Palestine, which isn’t too far from the site of suspected spotting.
This isn’t the first time someone has claimed to identify the artist , and it likely will not be the last. Banksy is known for being unknown, which naturally drives the public to solve the mystery of his identity.
The latest theorized identity was in March when big-data researchers used a type of geographical profiling to track and unmask Banksy. The team’s theorized identification has been on the list of suspected people for nearly a decade now: Robin Gunningham.
Last September another theory was published, claiming Banksy is actually Robert “3D” Del Naja of the band Massive Attack. In satirical response, the Walled Off Hotel’s website claims 3D from Massive Attack resides in the hotel.
H/T the Daily Mail
Audrey Browning is a content creator and social media manager. In August 2017, she joined Main Street Grub as a community manager.