- Instagram included in Facebook transparency report for the first time 7 Years Ago
- PayPal pulls out of Pornhub, leaving sex workers to consider cryptocurrency 7 Years Ago
- Billionaires are resorting to making racist jokes against Warren now 7 Years Ago
- What is the meme of the decade? Today 1:07 PM
- At least 5 employees resign from GitHub, citing ICE contract Today 12:57 PM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ redesign was led by a ‘Sonic’ artist Today 12:17 PM
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard Today 11:24 AM
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition Today 11:09 AM
- Why is everyone debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Netherlands in the U-17 World Cup semis Today 6:46 AM
Jackass star apologizes for threatening puppy with toy gun
The gun in Bam Margera’s Twitter photo was fake, but the outrage he caused was very real.
Jackass star Bam Margera has apologized for his latest prank, which even he admitted was out of line.
In a series of tweeted photos, the 33-year-old threatened several friends, a cat, and a pit bull puppy by thrusting a toy gun against their heads. It was only the photo of the puppy that Margera decided to apologize for.
To his credit, Margera hasn’t tried to erase the offending tweet from his account. It reads:
“Penny pooped in my bed. Not too fond of that. If it happens again, Penny goes Bye Byes!”
Apparently, news travels fast when you have 8,000 followers. Margera posted the tweet on Oct. 4 and received public condemnation from local animal activists the same day.
“Animal lovers are not happy with the recent gun-toting pictures he has posted on his account,” Fox29 reported.
Margera ended up accepting an interview with Fox29 to discuss the incident on the same day the incident occurred.
“Watch fox news at 10 @BAM__MARGERA just did an interview for the dog and cat bye bye pictures we posted,” @Production13, a friend of Margera’s, tweeted with a photo of the interview set on Oct. 4.
In the interview, Margera said he’d only been joking, and thought followers understood that.
“I feel like every follower I have on Twitter knows my Jackass joking kind of humor,” he told the Philadelphia Inquirer.
He may be right; in the aftermath of the incident he said he has gained 30,000 new followers.
He also said the eight-week-old puppy, since renamed Sunny, is being crate trained to prevent any more bed-pooping incidents.
Photo via @BAM__MARGERA/Twitter
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.