- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
Watch Ariana Grande nail impressions of Whitney Houston, Rihanna, Celine Dion and more
She has a voice all her own, along with the voices of every other major pop diva.
Ariana Grande has an incredible and distinct singing voice of her own, but the petite pop star has the ability to do creepily good impressions of fellow divas—and she showed us that once more on the most recent episode of Saturday Night Live.
Grande, 22, served as host and musical guest for the March 12th episode, and she brought her singing chops into her host duties. In a sketch poking fun at Jay Z’s music streaming service, Tidal, Grande plays a shy intern whose powers of impersonation are called on to save the service when it crashes.
The Britney Spears, Shakira, Rihanna, Celine Dion and Whitney Houston channels are all going offline, and the intern must bust out her musical best to bring them back to life. When Grande hits the key change in “I Will Always Love You,” you’ll swear the dearly departed Houston was back on the SNL stage.
We first witnessed Grande’s powers of impersonation in a May 2015 appearance on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. She then returned to the show in September and played Fallon’s “Wheel of Musical Impressions.” During that appearance, she did a rendition of Christina Aguilera singing “The Wheels on the Bus” that likely stunned The Voice judge herself. Grande also brought back her icon Celine.
Mariah Carey may not be a fan. But it seems Grande could easily take her out, do her best impression, and no one would be the wiser.
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.