- Leaked documents reveal all the ‘red flags’ about Trump cabinet officials 4 Years Ago
- Elon Musk, who wants to colonize space, thought the moon was Mars 4 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Legion’ for free 4 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Bolívar’ reduces hero’s tale to irredeemable melodrama 4 Years Ago
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Spain at the World Cup for free Today 7:55 AM
- How to watch ‘The Hills: New Beginnings’ for free Today 7:40 AM
- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm Today 7:00 AM
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
‘Aladdin’ Honest Trailer reveals that the main character was a total jerk
A whole new world of awkward truths about your favorite Middle-Eastern fairytale.
Aladdin—set in an “ancient-ish, Arab-ish land”—doesn’t receive the harsh treatment seen in some Honest Trailer videos, but it definitely doesn’t survive unscathed. For example, did you ever realize that Aladdin himself is kind of a douchebag? He basically spends the entire movie lying to his girlfriend—who, by the way, is only fifteen years old.
Obviously the Honest Trailer guys are 100 percent right about Robin Williams stealing the show in his role as the Genie. That character can never be recast.
Screengrab via Screen Junkies/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor