- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) 4 Years Ago
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free 4 Years Ago
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
Vanilla Ice to play Mark Twain in Adam Sandler’s first Netflix movie
Appropriately, Adam Sandler’s Netflix movie has the word “ridiculous” in the title.
The first movie in Adam Sandler’s Netflix contract is called Ridiculous 6, which sounds like a pretty accurate title already. For one thing, he’s cast Vanilla Ice as iconic American author Mark Twain. Vanilla Ice. Just let that percolate for a minute.
Ridiculous 6 is not a sequel to a series of earlier Ridiculous movies, but is a parody of Westerns like The Magnificent Seven. (Incidentally, Quentin Tarantino has a Western called The Hateful Eight coming out later this year. Don’t get these two movies confused.)
Sandler recently signed a four-picture deal with Netflix, which is branching out into in-house movie production. In the original announcement, Sandler said, “I immediately said yes for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with Wet Chicks.”
Aside from Vanilla Ice’s more minor role as Mark Twain, Ridiculous 6 stars Adam Sandler as a man who grew up in a Native American tribe, with Taylor Lautner, Rob Schneider, and Luke Wilson playing his half-brothers. The cast also includes a whole host of other well-known actors including Nick Nolte, Danny Trejo, Steve Buscemi, and Dan Aykroyd. TV personality and country singer Blake Shelton will play Wyatt Earp, just in case the Vanilla Ice stunt casting wasn’t enough.
Your Netflix subscription is paying for this.
Photo via oneras/Wikimedia (CC BY SA 2.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor