- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
8 pieces of advice John Malkovich gave Reddit
Malkovich on bats, going to space, and how privacy is dead.
Though he claimed he didn’t want to give anyone advice, famous and acclaimed weirdo actor John Malkovich was full of it when he came to Reddit for an AMA session Wednesday. Though the Being John Malkovich and Con Air star claimed he didn’t have any advice to give, he weighed in on proper procedure for a whole host of topics. Also, he waxed sadly on having never seen Helen Mirren’s breasts. Also recorded a voicemail greeting for a redditor named Benjamin.
But most importantly, he gave redditors eight very important life lessons:
How to get a bat out of your apartment
i had one in my house once. i think i just opened all the windows and kind of gently broomed it out. just make sure it’s in your apartment and not in your head.
How to have bad pot-smoking etiquette
sometimes my best friend russ makes me smoke ganja, but i become a bit insane and normally eat a couple hundred dollars worth of say, ice cream sandwiches or dilly bars or what have you. even worse, i won’t share any of it.
How to consider privacy in this day and age
i think, sadly, that privacy is finished. no such thing. if you’re a known person, you learned to live without it long ago. that’s very,very unfortunate, but such is life. i think there’s no going back as that particular horse has left the barn. i have at times spoken with my peers and the head of the actors union about why we’re not paid when we appear in say a tmz production, but there seems to be no real interest in combatting it. for the nsa, i’ve always assumed they listen to everything and read everything and see everything. france, where i’ve also lived for a number of years is exactly the same-possibly worse. i think it’s too late.
How to deal with going bald
it’s ok. michael jordan made it stylish. don’t worry, life goes on.
How to pick up Mary-Louise Parker
marie louise is my hero. sharp, sad, funny, extremely gifted and quick. i love to be around her and i adore working with her. we had a beautiful vomiting in tandem on the car windshield scene in red 2, ungratefully removed by the powers that be. for the pick up line, i’m not to sure. i would counsel the direct approach. i wouldn’t use the schwarzenegger pick up line “baby your bangability is very high tonight.” on 2nd thought, if you have a good styrian acccent, maybe it would be perfect.
How to politely decline a terrible script
one night, a woman came in to our yard in france around 2:00 am. i was outside on the phone talking to my producing partners in los angeles. she gave me a script called elle tue,(she kills!) which was about the lead character killing a movie star. it was written like it had been done with a butcher knife in red ink. also, it wasn’t very good.
How to decline an offer to go to space
don’t you have to go to the bathroom in your space suit and everything? i’m just not sure i could do that?
How to lose weight eating nothing but Jell-O
i lost seventy pounds eating nothing but jello for 4 months. but of course there is great variety in the colors! i think, if i remember correctly it’s 230 calories for a whole bowl. maybe 270? in the 5th month i added fruit.
Photo via Imgur
A former senior politics reporter for the Daily Dot, Kevin Collier focuses on privacy, cybersecurity, and issues of importance to the open internet. Since leaving the Daily Dot in March 2016, he has served as a reporter for Vocativ and a cybersecurity correspondent for BuzzFeed.