- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
The 12 most GIF-worthy moments of last night’s Tonys
Miss the Tonys last night? Not anymore.
The 68th annual Tony Awards were held last night at New York’s Radio City Music Hall. You’ll find the list of winners everywhere this morning—spoiler alert: The Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder took home the big one—but in case you missed the show and wanted to catch the highlight reel, we’ve assembled a collection of hip-popping GIFs for your enjoyment.
Huge Jacked Man … er, Hugh Jackman returned to hosting duties for the fourth time, channeling his inner kangaroo and rapping along with LL Cool J and TI.
The evening included star-studded performances of popular favorites new and old, including Cabaret, Les Miserables, After Midnight, and Rocky.
Neil Patrick Harris astonished the crowd with a glasses-licking, air-humping performance from Hedwig and the Angry Inch before taking home the Tony for Leading Actor in a Musical. “This is crazy pants!” he said.
Bryan Cranston won his first Tony for his Broadway debut turn as President Lyndon B. Johnson in All the Way, which also took home Best Play.
Audra McDonald made Tony history by winning a record-breaking sixth award for her performance in Billie Holliday in Emerson Bar and Grill.
But it was actor James Monroe Igelhart who really summed up the evening’s energy with his acceptance speech for his first Tony in Aladdin. “I know that this is supposed to be the most dignified awards show of the season, but I have to do this: This is a praise shout.”
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees.
Footage via CBS | GIFs by Monica Riese
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.