- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
- The 1975’s singer criticized for ‘Islamophobic’ rant Wednesday 3:22 PM
- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? Wednesday 3:03 PM
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ Wednesday 3:00 PM
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Wednesday 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Wednesday 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Wednesday 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Wednesday 12:08 PM
The 12 most GIF-worthy moments of last night’s Tonys
Miss the Tonys last night? Not anymore.
The 68th annual Tony Awards were held last night at New York’s Radio City Music Hall. You’ll find the list of winners everywhere this morning—spoiler alert: The Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder took home the big one—but in case you missed the show and wanted to catch the highlight reel, we’ve assembled a collection of hip-popping GIFs for your enjoyment.
Huge Jacked Man … er, Hugh Jackman returned to hosting duties for the fourth time, channeling his inner kangaroo and rapping along with LL Cool J and TI.
The evening included star-studded performances of popular favorites new and old, including Cabaret, Les Miserables, After Midnight, and Rocky.
Neil Patrick Harris astonished the crowd with a glasses-licking, air-humping performance from Hedwig and the Angry Inch before taking home the Tony for Leading Actor in a Musical. “This is crazy pants!” he said.
Bryan Cranston won his first Tony for his Broadway debut turn as President Lyndon B. Johnson in All the Way, which also took home Best Play.
Audra McDonald made Tony history by winning a record-breaking sixth award for her performance in Billie Holliday in Emerson Bar and Grill.
But it was actor James Monroe Igelhart who really summed up the evening’s energy with his acceptance speech for his first Tony in Aladdin. “I know that this is supposed to be the most dignified awards show of the season, but I have to do this: This is a praise shout.”
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees.
Footage via CBS | GIFs by Monica Riese
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.