- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
The 12 most GIF-worthy moments of last night’s Tonys
Miss the Tonys last night? Not anymore.
The 68th annual Tony Awards were held last night at New York’s Radio City Music Hall. You’ll find the list of winners everywhere this morning—spoiler alert: The Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder took home the big one—but in case you missed the show and wanted to catch the highlight reel, we’ve assembled a collection of hip-popping GIFs for your enjoyment.
Huge Jacked Man … er, Hugh Jackman returned to hosting duties for the fourth time, channeling his inner kangaroo and rapping along with LL Cool J and TI.
The evening included star-studded performances of popular favorites new and old, including Cabaret, Les Miserables, After Midnight, and Rocky.
Neil Patrick Harris astonished the crowd with a glasses-licking, air-humping performance from Hedwig and the Angry Inch before taking home the Tony for Leading Actor in a Musical. “This is crazy pants!” he said.
Bryan Cranston won his first Tony for his Broadway debut turn as President Lyndon B. Johnson in All the Way, which also took home Best Play.
Audra McDonald made Tony history by winning a record-breaking sixth award for her performance in Billie Holliday in Emerson Bar and Grill.
But it was actor James Monroe Igelhart who really summed up the evening’s energy with his acceptance speech for his first Tony in Aladdin. “I know that this is supposed to be the most dignified awards show of the season, but I have to do this: This is a praise shout.”
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees.
Footage via CBS | GIFs by Monica Riese
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.