- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Today 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Today 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Today 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Today 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Today 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Today 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Today 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Today 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
How many times has Matthew McConaughey said: “alright”? We first heard it in the 1993 film Dazed and Confused—one of the McConaughey’s first roles—and we continued to hear it over the actor’s long career. We’ll probably hear him say “alright” many more times in the future.
One YouTuber, Owenergy, uploaded an impressive compilation of every time McConaughey has said “alright” in a film, chronologically, from Dazed and Confused in 1993 to 2017’s The Dark Tower. Check it out:
Through clips from Mud, Magic Mike, Dallas Buyers Club, and even Failure to Launch, the count climbs higher and higher. By the end of the nearly 5-minute video, the count reaches 280 alrights.
It’s definitely not the first time someone has made a compilation video of McConaughey saying his signature line, but it’s impressive that someone took the time to parse through the actor’s entire filmography to make an up-to-date, comprehensive video.
Here’s another compilation of the actor saying “alright” during award shows and TV interviews:
During a 2014 Golden Globes interview, McConaughey said “alright, alright, alright” were the “first words [he] ever said on film.” Now people remember him for the line.
That deserves a place in a hall of fame somewhere, doesn’t it?
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.