- Was Bloomberg owned harder on the debate stage or by Twitter? Today 8:54 AM
- Make ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ your desert island game Today 8:51 AM
- Everyone’s trying to dance like Jennifer Lopez on TikTok Today 8:27 AM
- Why the coronavirus bioweapon theory persists Today 7:57 AM
- You won’t see deleted scenes on the ‘Rise of Skywalker’ home release Today 7:47 AM
- The return of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ throws you right back into the fight Today 7:00 AM
- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? Today 6:00 AM
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
Everyone loves The Office. Both the U.S. version and the original are undeniably some of the most popular shows around, despite the U.S. version airing its final episode in May 2013. (The U.K. version ended in 2003.) That doesn’t stop us from throwing it on Netflix in the background for the 900th time—nor did it stop the LSU marching band from paying tribute during its halftime performance last weekend.
The cast loves it.
Louisiana State University beat Louisiana Tech 38-21 on Saturday, but it was the astounding performance by the band that really caught people’s attention. Some of the actors saw footage of the show, and they were just as impressed as the rest of us.
John Krasinski, who plays loveable prankster Jim Halpert, retweeted the video on Tuesday saying only “Ok…this is awesome. #LSU”
He wasn’t the only one to notice the performance either. Steve Carell, who plays titular character and headache of a boss Michael Scott, also tweeted it.
Awesome! https://t.co/jmEqAgRJGb— Steve Carell (@SteveCarell) September 26, 2018
Brian Baumgartner, who plays lovable oaf Kevin Malone, shared the video on Instagram. Ed Helms, or a capella aficionado Andy Bernard, tweeted the video with a heartfelt message. “Not gonna lie, got a little choked up watching this. Feeling the loves and the gratitudes,” he said. “Thanks for the coolest shout ever @LSUBands. GO TIGERS!!!”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Brian Baumgartner (@bbbaumgartner) on
Angela Kinsey, who plays our favorite cat-loving grump Angela Martin, added: “Some The Office love from Louisisana! Geaux Tigers!” Even the show’s Twitter account got ahold of it, tweeting the video with the caption “Catch us jamming to this at Cafe Disco,” a callback to episode 27 of season 5, in which Michael Scott makes a disco in his old office.
Catch us jamming to this at Cafe Disco. 🎶 https://t.co/s0R2O0SkkH— 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚎 (@theofficenbc) September 24, 2018
LSU staffers saw the love they were getting from the cast members and responded with the perfect GIF.
Not a bad day at all.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.