- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
- Stop exploiting the Jussie Smollett case to discredit LGBTQ hate crime victims Wednesday 3:28 PM
- The best Netflix original movies of 2019 Wednesday 3:20 PM
- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches Wednesday 2:53 PM
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release Wednesday 2:50 PM
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends Wednesday 2:48 PM
- The truth behind the anti-LGBTQ emoji controversy Wednesday 1:37 PM
- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Wednesday 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Wednesday 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Wednesday 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Wednesday 10:43 AM
The cast of ‘The Office’ loves this tribute from LSU’s marching band
Everyone loves The Office. Both the U.S. version and the original are undeniably some of the most popular shows around, despite the U.S. version airing its final episode in May 2013. (The U.K. version ended in 2003.) That doesn’t stop us from throwing it on Netflix in the background for the 900th time—nor did it stop the LSU marching band from paying tribute during its halftime performance last weekend.
The cast loves it.
Louisiana State University beat Louisiana Tech 38-21 on Saturday, but it was the astounding performance by the band that really caught people’s attention. Some of the actors saw footage of the show, and they were just as impressed as the rest of us.
— John Krasinski (@johnkrasinski) September 25, 2018
John Krasinski, who plays loveable prankster Jim Halpert, retweeted the video on Tuesday saying only “Ok…this is awesome. #LSU”
He wasn’t the only one to notice the performance either. Steve Carell, who plays titular character and headache of a boss Michael Scott, also tweeted it.
— Steve Carell (@SteveCarell) September 26, 2018
Brian Baumgartner, who plays lovable oaf Kevin Malone, shared the video on Instagram. Ed Helms, or a capella aficionado Andy Bernard, tweeted the video with a heartfelt message. “Not gonna lie, got a little choked up watching this. Feeling the loves and the gratitudes,” he said. “Thanks for the coolest shout ever @LSUBands. GO TIGERS!!!”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Brian Baumgartner (@bbbaumgartner) on
— Ed Helms (@edhelms) September 25, 2018
Angela Kinsey, who plays our favorite cat-loving grump Angela Martin, added: “Some The Office love from Louisisana! Geaux Tigers!” Even the show’s Twitter account got ahold of it, tweeting the video with the caption “Catch us jamming to this at Cafe Disco,” a callback to episode 27 of season 5, in which Michael Scott makes a disco in his old office.
— Angela Kinsey (@AngelaKinsey) September 23, 2018
Catch us jamming to this at Cafe Disco. 🎶 https://t.co/s0R2O0SkkH
— The Office (@theofficenbc) September 24, 2018
LSU staffers saw the love they were getting from the cast members and responded with the perfect GIF.
— LSU (@LSU) September 25, 2018
Not a bad day at all.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.