- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? 9 Months Ago
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free 9 Months Ago
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
The cast of ‘The Office’ loves this tribute from LSU’s marching band
Everyone loves The Office. Both the U.S. version and the original are undeniably some of the most popular shows around, despite the U.S. version airing its final episode in May 2013. (The U.K. version ended in 2003.) That doesn’t stop us from throwing it on Netflix in the background for the 900th time—nor did it stop the LSU marching band from paying tribute during its halftime performance last weekend.
The cast loves it.
Louisiana State University beat Louisiana Tech 38-21 on Saturday, but it was the astounding performance by the band that really caught people’s attention. Some of the actors saw footage of the show, and they were just as impressed as the rest of us.
— John Krasinski (@johnkrasinski) September 25, 2018
John Krasinski, who plays loveable prankster Jim Halpert, retweeted the video on Tuesday saying only “Ok…this is awesome. #LSU”
He wasn’t the only one to notice the performance either. Steve Carell, who plays titular character and headache of a boss Michael Scott, also tweeted it.
— Steve Carell (@SteveCarell) September 26, 2018
Brian Baumgartner, who plays lovable oaf Kevin Malone, shared the video on Instagram. Ed Helms, or a capella aficionado Andy Bernard, tweeted the video with a heartfelt message. “Not gonna lie, got a little choked up watching this. Feeling the loves and the gratitudes,” he said. “Thanks for the coolest shout ever @LSUBands. GO TIGERS!!!”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Brian Baumgartner (@bbbaumgartner) on
— Ed Helms (@edhelms) September 25, 2018
Angela Kinsey, who plays our favorite cat-loving grump Angela Martin, added: “Some The Office love from Louisisana! Geaux Tigers!” Even the show’s Twitter account got ahold of it, tweeting the video with the caption “Catch us jamming to this at Cafe Disco,” a callback to episode 27 of season 5, in which Michael Scott makes a disco in his old office.
— Angela Kinsey (@AngelaKinsey) September 23, 2018
Catch us jamming to this at Cafe Disco. 🎶 https://t.co/s0R2O0SkkH
— The Office (@theofficenbc) September 24, 2018
LSU staffers saw the love they were getting from the cast members and responded with the perfect GIF.
— LSU (@LSU) September 25, 2018
Not a bad day at all.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.