- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ 2 Years Ago
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares 2 Years Ago
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Today 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Today 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Today 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Today 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Today 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Today 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Today 12:35 PM
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations Today 12:34 PM
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ Today 11:52 AM
- What to do if you’ve lost your AirPods charging case Today 11:42 AM
- Stephen Miller’s racist emails leak Today 11:20 AM
- Why was parody Twitter account Seinfeld2000 suspended? Today 11:06 AM
Do you ever crave dessert in the middle of your workday? What if your “workday” was snowboarding at the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang? Chloe Kim, a 17-year-old Californian, tweeted about wanting ice cream during a qualifying halfpipe event on Monday.
Could be down for some ice cream rn— Chloe Kim (@chloekimsnow) February 12, 2018
One fan asked if Kim was tweeting while competing. She replied “yes…” as if to say, “yeah, so what?”
yes...— Chloe Kim (@chloekimsnow) February 12, 2018
Although Kim is clearly talented, she likely wasn’t snowboarding and tweeting at the same time. She probably sent the tweet while waiting her turn to compete. But the internet found Kim’s tweet funny and relatable.
finally i can relate to an olympian https://t.co/dMuNjypijT— franklin tiberius (@leohoratio) February 12, 2018
if chloe kim can tweet about ice cream while casually doing 90+ olympic runs I can go to work tomorrow https://t.co/dxMDZf5zig— eel notyep (@peyIRL) February 12, 2018
update: this is now a chloe kim fan account pic.twitter.com/meK7xSm5IM— Astead (@AsteadWesley) February 12, 2018
I’m nervous just watching the Olympics from 7,000 miles away and Chloe Kim is standing on top of the mountain tweeting about how much she wants ice cream pic.twitter.com/EmuB1CWC47— Josh Billinson (@jbillinson) February 12, 2018
NBC even conducted a Twitter poll about what kind of ice cream Kim should eat. Cookies and cream took the gold, which Kim replied is “some good stuff.”
Cookies & Cream is some good stuff. If anyone can get me some to the village thatd be dope— Chloe Kim (@chloekimsnow) February 12, 2018
Kim qualified for the women’s halfpipe final, which airs Monday night at 8pm ET.
We hope someone buys her ice cream to celebrate. She’d probably also accept a churro.
Oh and I also had 2 churros today and they were pretty bomb so if you ever get nervous go eat a churro— Chloe Kim (@chloekimsnow) February 11, 2018
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.