- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
The internet has spoken. This year’s Halloween costumes were out of this world and over-the-top creative. Some dressed up as their favorite musicians, TV, and movie stars, and even as their favorite makeup. Here’s what we’ll remember.
The best costumes of Halloween 2017
Rihanna loved this fan who dressed like the pop star’s makeup line so much she just had to reblog her.
A post shared by badgalriri (@badgalriri) on
Peter Pan’s shadow is iconic in the movie. This friend duo nailed Halloween by being the boy who never grows up (and his shadow).
Peter pan & his shadow pic.twitter.com/MJ21aXzruA— Darth Tony (@tonygar1997) October 30, 2017
Inspired by Kanye West’s 2010 album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, this girl channeled her inner ballerina to complete the album cover.
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy 🥀 pic.twitter.com/i3UDMtRxwE— gwendolyn 🌺 (@guccigwen) October 29, 2017
“Pinhead Larry” hit the streets f0r Halloween with a fashionable pair or boots and fishnet leggings.
who ya callin pinhead pic.twitter.com/UtgD5KHXNl— kirbeyoncé (@kirby_layne24) October 29, 2017
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy made a few Halloween appearances, riding around in their invisible boat mobile.
This girl may look more like Moana than Moana does.
it’s ironic when people say i look like MOANA, as if i’m not MOANA.🌴🌼 pic.twitter.com/0SMR5kxVfc— airrozz (@airrozz) October 27, 2017
These girls matured from grapes into wine.
Last year v this year.. glad we’ve matured pic.twitter.com/vEkyqXWejf— ☮ Amy (@mynamesamy_) October 27, 2017
What are you, an idiot sandwich? This couple perfectly captured Gordon Ramsey and chef Julie Chen.
my sister & her bf gmfu pic.twitter.com/fZnNeeIthT— Kathelina (@kaaatdoan) October 28, 2017
This group of friends put a fun spin on a childhood favorite, Arthur.
The Kardashians gained another pregnant sister.
Happy Halloween, y'all! Oh my gourd! pic.twitter.com/UCvnmcjFt6— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) October 31, 2017
This was the perfect Selena Quintanilla costume, and there was even boyfriend Chris Perez to tag along.
To Chris with love , thank you for being my bidi bidi best friend ❤️ pic.twitter.com/EAUf4fvm7I— Michelle Velez (@SincerelySherie) October 29, 2017
LeBron James transformed into Pennywise the clown for his annual Halloween costume party.
We all remember Crazy Steve from iCarly.
Crazy Steve! pic.twitter.com/hvyIKtZ3z6— Jason Schocklin (@AverageGuyJason) October 29, 2017
This kids got inspiration from Forrest Gump. A Lieutenant Dan and Gump dynamic duo.
The greatest Halloween costumes ever. Merica. pic.twitter.com/zTv21vbMUx— Cloyd Rivers (@CloydRivers) October 31, 2017
Cardi B was a popular Halloween costume as well. This little girl is newly engaged Cardi B.
This baby just found all seven dragon balls and it’s only his first Halloween.
My baby's first Halloween 🐉 pic.twitter.com/jB5OqZgCRQ— 𝔯𝔬 (@romanrochelle) October 30, 2017
Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade teamed up for the perfect Mili Vanilla costume.
Kourtney and Kim Kardashian were the perfect 1990s Michael Jackson and Madonna. Their inspiration came from a 1991 photo from the Academy Awards.
A post shared by Kourtney Kardashian (@kourtneykardash) on
Tonight’s inspo pic.twitter.com/ZaeHKmMI4B— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) October 29, 2017
These two recreated the dance battle scene from White Chicks.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau went full-on Clark Kent.
Brianna Stone is a contributing reporter to the Daily Dot. Her work has been published by the Dallas Morning News, Austin American-Statesman, and USA Today.