- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
Offerman reminds Movember participants to keep a stiff upper lip.
At a time when disgruntled Movember participators might be staring at their sparse mustaches thinking they’ve made a huge mistake, spokesman Nick Offerman has come forth with a message: it gets fuller.
Better known as the manly Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation, Offerman is Movember’s spokesman, which encourages men to grow mustaches to raise money and garner support about men’s health issues.
In a new video, the comedian reminds mustachioed participants to ignore those who would taunt them with “dirty hipster” or “Ugly Geraldo.” After all, he posits, if you’re rocking the “in-between mustache,” you’re not alone.
“We’ve all been there, it gets fuller.” assures Offerman. The ambassador to manhood previously starred in a video solo but is joined this time by The Office stars Oscar Nunez, Jack Lacy, and Brian Baumgartner.
Offerman ends with a message for those struggling through the embarrassing mid-mustache phase.
“Let them know, without judgement, that it gets fuller,” jokes Offerman, a light-hearted joke parlaying off the It Gets Better campaign that supports gay youth. “Whether you’re a wife, parent, friend, or child, tell those in-betweeners that it gets fuller.”
With just two weeks left in November, now is not the time to give up. It takes time to grow something as awesome as Offerman’s upper lip majesty. That awkward Jack Sparrow-like caterpillar will soon turn into a full-fledged mustache that will make everyone envious.
Photo via Mademan/YouTube
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.