- Beto likes to stand on counters—and there are memes to prove it 6 Years Ago
- House promises April vote on bill to restore net neutrality rules Today 9:58 AM
- Here’s how many YouTube subscribers Shane Dawson lost for his old bestiality joke Today 9:26 AM
- Drag queen spreads joy to toddler, world with ‘Baby Shark’ performance Today 9:21 AM
- How many ‘chuggas’ should come before choo choo? Today 9:10 AM
- Cory Booker’s weirdly sensual relationship with coffee resurfaces Today 8:31 AM
- Everything you need to know about gaming chat client Discord Today 8:00 AM
- Report: Your Facebook feed is still ripe with fake news Today 7:42 AM
- The 10 best movies based on true stories on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Prager University is fighting ‘leftist indoctrination’ on college campuses Today 7:00 AM
- Can ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’ recover from its disastrous drama? Today 6:00 AM
- Devin Nunes is suing Twitter over parody accounts of his mom, cow Monday 8:15 PM
- The best new movies at SXSW 2019 Monday 7:55 PM
- #AbledsAreWeird demonstrates how not to treat people with disabilities Monday 7:33 PM
- YouTubers keep uploading racist meme anthem played by New Zealand shooter Monday 5:38 PM
New Twitter feed @_FloridaMan tweets out horrific stories that contain the phrase “Florida Man” in the headline.
New Twitter feed @_FloridaMan, as noted by Slate, tweets out horrific stories that contain the phrase “Florida Man” in the headline. It’s a simple but effective idea, and there’s far more material than you’d expect.
Once you delve into the stories linked below, things get downright ugly. However, it’s a lot funnier if you imagine it’s the same guy doing all of the following things on his way to winning every Darwin Award ever.
- Florida Man Arrested After Pocket-Dialing 911
- Florida Man Stabs Wife Over Hamburger
- Florida Man Busted For Performing Back Alley Butt Injections
- Florida Man Arrested For Trying To Force Fiancé To Swallow Engagement Ring (though that really should read “fiancée”)
- Florida Man Builds Mini Car For His Pet Parrot
- Florida Man Admits Biting Off Girlfriend’s Thumb
- Florida Man Repeatedly Called 911 Saying He Needed A Ride To Mexico
- Florida Man Faces Fines, Points After Bicycle Ride
- Naked Florida Man Jumps Off Roof Onto Man, Nocks [sic] Television Over, Empties Vacuum Cleaner, Masturbates
- Florida Man Owes Ex-Wife $166K in Child Support
- Police Arrest Florida Man For Drunken Joyride On Motorized Scooter At Walmart
- Florida Man Squats In Multimillion-Dollar Home
- Florida Man Finds Way To Connect With Cats
- Florida Man On Trial For Threatening To Kill President Obama On Facebook
- Florida Man Shoots Himself In Crotch With Flare Gun
- Florida Man Charged After Alleged Naked Rampage Inside Home
- Florida Man Says He’s Obama And Attempts To Abduct Children
- Florida Man Armed With Syringe Robbed Pet Store
- Florida Man Arrested For Giving Wedgies
- Florida Man’s Bulldog Found Safe After Being Dognapped At Gunpoint
The last one doesn’t fit quite as well as the others, and we wish the Twitter feed were around when a Florida man ate another guy’s face. Still, worst superhero ever.
Photo via DonkeyHotey/Flickr
Based in Montreal, Kris Holt has been writing about technology and web culture since 2010. He writes for Engadget and Tech News World, and his byline has also appeared in Paste, Salon, International Business Times, Mashable, and elsewhere.