- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Today 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Today 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Saturday 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Saturday 6:00 AM
After London Fashion Week, ‘Star Wars’ style is officially a thing
The geek shall inherit the fashion world.
This is the second time Star Wars has been the inspiration for pieces in a Fall/Winter 2014 collection, with Rodarte being the first to excite fans with their original trilogy character prints during New York Fashion Week. According to Vogue, Star Wars was the first movie Preen founders Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi saw at the cinema and they worked with Disney to incorporate Darth Vader’s mask in this collection.
GIF via WhatDoIWear/Tumblr
Preen took things a step further by having Stormtroopers backstage at the show.
The lovelies Justin and Thea backstage at the @PreenbyTandB show yesterday, with their band of storm troopers! pic.twitter.com/rUd7DvrbFo
— Zoe Lower (@Zoe_Lower) February 17, 2014
The brand really let their geekiness shine, even including this motivational sign behind-the-scenes:
Photo via Preen by Thornton Bregazzi/Facebook
Fans on social media were once again thrilled by Star Wars being recognized by high fashion designers, though it opened by the floor to debate whether Rodarte or Preen did it better.
— Emily L. Foley (@EmilyLFoley) February 17, 2014
— Prits Gosal (@PritsGosal) February 16, 2014
A surprising amount of Star Wars inspiration at fashion weeks this season. First Rodarte, now Preen? Looking at you, Milan and Paris. #LFW
— Chelsea Varley (@Chelsea_Omega) February 17, 2014
Rodarte vs. Preen – Star Wars Edition. Who did it better? pic.twitter.com/Lkgm6FAdrB
— Nico Bellay (@IAMFASHlON) February 16, 2014
Does this mean the geek chic Star Wars look will be the hot trend this year? We might have to wait and see if the franchise appears at the fashion industry’s other top shows, but for now, we have a good feeling about this.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.