- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Friday 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Friday 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Friday 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Friday 10:52 AM
Anyone who’s seen Toy Story knows the allure of Pizza Planet, the greasy eatery and arcade utopia where Buzz Lightyear and Woody run into the claw machine-obsessed aliens after hitching a ride in a delivery truck.
Now the restaurant is getting a real-life iteration at Walt Disney World in Florida, where it will take the place of Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port in Tomorrowland, Cosmopolitan reported Wednesday.
The Toy Story-inspired pizzeria, to be called “Alien’s Pizza Planet—A Better Place,” will open April 13. It’s planned to be a temporary fixture, according to Disney News Today. But other restaurants, like a Beauty and the Beast-themed Red Rose Tavern, have ended up sticking around past their temporary status.
A post shared by Brandon Carnal (@kclivin84) on
It won’t be the first time Disney has tried to bring the iconic Pizza Planet (and its accompanying nostalgia) to life. Buzz Lightyear’s Pizza Planet Restaurant was called “Disney unworthy” and shut down at Disneyland Paris in 2016, according to Cosmopolitan.
Here’s what it looked like inside.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida also once had a Toy Story Pizza Planet—until it was shut down in 2016 and replaced with a Muppets-themed restaurant.
Based on the name, it seems safe to say the new Pizza Planet’s theme and decor will focus on the Little Green Men. As Cosmopolitan noted, it’s a perfect opportunity to incorporate details from the movie—like alien slime soda and the claw game.
And in case the Pizza Planet isn’t enough to get fans excited, Walt Disney World has already announced that it will open Toy Story Land in June. So there’s plenty of Toy Story nostalgia to come.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.