- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
- The VSCO Girl has always been here Friday 1:01 PM
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Friday 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Friday 12:02 PM
- Popeyes blasted for employee welfare amid chicken sandwich war Friday 11:59 AM
- Cory Booker says nonbinary ‘niephew’ taught him about trans issues Friday 11:53 AM
- Megachurch pushes conversion therapy on Instagram, Facebook with #OnceGay Friday 11:11 AM
- Christian movie review site blasts Netflix’s ‘The Family’ Friday 10:50 AM
Anyone who’s seen Toy Story knows the allure of Pizza Planet, the greasy eatery and arcade utopia where Buzz Lightyear and Woody run into the claw machine-obsessed aliens after hitching a ride in a delivery truck.
Now the restaurant is getting a real-life iteration at Walt Disney World in Florida, where it will take the place of Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port in Tomorrowland, Cosmopolitan reported Wednesday.
The Toy Story-inspired pizzeria, to be called “Alien’s Pizza Planet—A Better Place,” will open April 13. It’s planned to be a temporary fixture, according to Disney News Today. But other restaurants, like a Beauty and the Beast-themed Red Rose Tavern, have ended up sticking around past their temporary status.
A post shared by Brandon Carnal (@kclivin84) on
It won’t be the first time Disney has tried to bring the iconic Pizza Planet (and its accompanying nostalgia) to life. Buzz Lightyear’s Pizza Planet Restaurant was called “Disney unworthy” and shut down at Disneyland Paris in 2016, according to Cosmopolitan.
Here’s what it looked like inside.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida also once had a Toy Story Pizza Planet—until it was shut down in 2016 and replaced with a Muppets-themed restaurant.
Based on the name, it seems safe to say the new Pizza Planet’s theme and decor will focus on the Little Green Men. As Cosmopolitan noted, it’s a perfect opportunity to incorporate details from the movie—like alien slime soda and the claw game.
And in case the Pizza Planet isn’t enough to get fans excited, Walt Disney World has already announced that it will open Toy Story Land in June. So there’s plenty of Toy Story nostalgia to come.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.