- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
- The 1975’s singer criticized for ‘Islamophobic’ rant Wednesday 3:22 PM
- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? Wednesday 3:03 PM
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ Wednesday 3:00 PM
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Wednesday 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Wednesday 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Wednesday 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Wednesday 12:08 PM
Anyone who’s seen Toy Story knows the allure of Pizza Planet, the greasy eatery and arcade utopia where Buzz Lightyear and Woody run into the claw machine-obsessed aliens after hitching a ride in a delivery truck.
Now the restaurant is getting a real-life iteration at Walt Disney World in Florida, where it will take the place of Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port in Tomorrowland, Cosmopolitan reported Wednesday.
The Toy Story-inspired pizzeria, to be called “Alien’s Pizza Planet—A Better Place,” will open April 13. It’s planned to be a temporary fixture, according to Disney News Today. But other restaurants, like a Beauty and the Beast-themed Red Rose Tavern, have ended up sticking around past their temporary status.
A post shared by Brandon Carnal (@kclivin84) on
It won’t be the first time Disney has tried to bring the iconic Pizza Planet (and its accompanying nostalgia) to life. Buzz Lightyear’s Pizza Planet Restaurant was called “Disney unworthy” and shut down at Disneyland Paris in 2016, according to Cosmopolitan.
Here’s what it looked like inside.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida also once had a Toy Story Pizza Planet—until it was shut down in 2016 and replaced with a Muppets-themed restaurant.
Based on the name, it seems safe to say the new Pizza Planet’s theme and decor will focus on the Little Green Men. As Cosmopolitan noted, it’s a perfect opportunity to incorporate details from the movie—like alien slime soda and the claw game.
And in case the Pizza Planet isn’t enough to get fans excited, Walt Disney World has already announced that it will open Toy Story Land in June. So there’s plenty of Toy Story nostalgia to come.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.