- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Wednesday 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Wednesday 12:17 PM
This Disney restaurant will bring ‘Toy Story’s Pizza Planet to life—again
Anyone who’s seen Toy Story knows the allure of Pizza Planet, the greasy eatery and arcade utopia where Buzz Lightyear and Woody run into the claw machine-obsessed aliens after hitching a ride in a delivery truck.
Now the restaurant is getting a real-life iteration at Walt Disney World in Florida, where it will take the place of Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port in Tomorrowland, Cosmopolitan reported Wednesday.
The Toy Story-inspired pizzeria, to be called “Alien’s Pizza Planet—A Better Place,” will open April 13. It’s planned to be a temporary fixture, according to Disney News Today. But other restaurants, like a Beauty and the Beast-themed Red Rose Tavern, have ended up sticking around past their temporary status.
A post shared by Brandon Carnal (@kclivin84) on
It won’t be the first time Disney has tried to bring the iconic Pizza Planet (and its accompanying nostalgia) to life. Buzz Lightyear’s Pizza Planet Restaurant was called “Disney unworthy” and shut down at Disneyland Paris in 2016, according to Cosmopolitan.
Here’s what it looked like inside.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida also once had a Toy Story Pizza Planet—until it was shut down in 2016 and replaced with a Muppets-themed restaurant.
Based on the name, it seems safe to say the new Pizza Planet’s theme and decor will focus on the Little Green Men. As Cosmopolitan noted, it’s a perfect opportunity to incorporate details from the movie—like alien slime soda and the claw game.
And in case the Pizza Planet isn’t enough to get fans excited, Walt Disney World has already announced that it will open Toy Story Land in June. So there’s plenty of Toy Story nostalgia to come.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.