- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Friday 10:32 AM
Robin Williams’s daughter just raised over $9,000 for St. Jude’s
Thanks to a comment on a Robin Williams megathread, Zelda Williams has raised more than $9,200 for the children’s hospital.
The Reddit community has helped the daughter of the late Robin Williams to raise over $9,000 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Reddit helped Zelda Williams, 25, raise $6,700 in less than a day after her father was found dead in his California home at the age of 63.
The Academy Award-winning comedian was a longtime supporter of St. Jude’s, a nonprofit organization that provides free healthcare to children.
“St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital makes sure that the families of sick kids in need never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food, so all they need to worry about is making sure there kid feels happy and loved,” Zelda wrote on her fundraising page.
A link to Zelda’s donation page was posted in a Robin Williams megathread on r/AskReddit. The comment was posted Monday night when the fundraiser had only collected $2,390 of its $5,000 goal. An hour after the link was up, the amount raised had doubled. By 11:45 am ET today, it had passed $9,100.
“Mr. Williams generously gave his time to raise awareness and funds for St. Jude and for our patients battling childhood cancer,” the hospital said in a statement. “His humor brought bright smiles and laughter to our patients and families and his generosity deeply touched the hearts of all who knew him. He and his family remain in our thoughts and prayers.”
Photo via jurvetson/Flickr (CC BY 2.0) | Remix by Fernando Alfonso III
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.