- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her 5 Years Ago
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Today 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Today 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Today 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Today 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Today 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Today 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Today 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Today 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Today 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Today 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Today 11:39 AM
- Every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie and show missing from Disney+ (and when they’ll show up) Today 11:35 AM
- HBO Max is planning a ‘Friends’ reunion special Today 11:10 AM
Robin Williams’s daughter just raised over $9,000 for St. Jude’s
Thanks to a comment on a Robin Williams megathread, Zelda Williams has raised more than $9,200 for the children’s hospital.
The Reddit community has helped the daughter of the late Robin Williams to raise over $9,000 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Reddit helped Zelda Williams, 25, raise $6,700 in less than a day after her father was found dead in his California home at the age of 63.
The Academy Award-winning comedian was a longtime supporter of St. Jude’s, a nonprofit organization that provides free healthcare to children.
“St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital makes sure that the families of sick kids in need never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food, so all they need to worry about is making sure there kid feels happy and loved,” Zelda wrote on her fundraising page.
A link to Zelda’s donation page was posted in a Robin Williams megathread on r/AskReddit. The comment was posted Monday night when the fundraiser had only collected $2,390 of its $5,000 goal. An hour after the link was up, the amount raised had doubled. By 11:45 am ET today, it had passed $9,100.
“Mr. Williams generously gave his time to raise awareness and funds for St. Jude and for our patients battling childhood cancer,” the hospital said in a statement. “His humor brought bright smiles and laughter to our patients and families and his generosity deeply touched the hearts of all who knew him. He and his family remain in our thoughts and prayers.”
Photo via jurvetson/Flickr (CC BY 2.0) | Remix by Fernando Alfonso III
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.