- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream Today 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Today 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Today 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
This dummy is trying to pick up girls on the subway. And he’s got a puppet with him.
If you’re having trouble picking up girls on your own, why not have a dummy do it for you?
Model Pranksters is just the latest YouTube pick-up artist (PUA) trying to show the masses just how the elusive art of getting girls’ numbers—or just motorboat them—is done. For this occasion, they’ve got a ventriloquist on hand with his own wingman—or at least one good enough to fake it.
Nigel and his puppet travel on the New York City subway. After springing out, the puppet starts to say all the inappropriate things Nigel probably wouldn’t be able to get away with to passengers and the women he’s trying to pick up. Nigel’s largely silent, which draws a huge contrast between the two personalities.
As far as PUAs go, it’s one of the tamer ones we’ve seen in a while. Nigel and the puppet aren’t invading any personal space, but he’s also putting these women on the spot by hitting on them in a very public setting with plenty of people around and no way to immediately escape the situation.
Some are more willing to give their numbers than others, but at least the duo offers a way out for those who are hesitant.
With another video promised on Sunday, we’ll just have to wait to watch even more people get uncomfortable with getting hit on by a puppet.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.