- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out 6 Years Ago
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Today 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Today 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Today 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Today 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Today 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Today 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
Pick-up artists’ newest YouTube stunt: Ventriloquism
This dummy is trying to pick up girls on the subway. And he’s got a puppet with him.
If you’re having trouble picking up girls on your own, why not have a dummy do it for you?
Model Pranksters is just the latest YouTube pick-up artist (PUA) trying to show the masses just how the elusive art of getting girls’ numbers—or just motorboat them—is done. For this occasion, they’ve got a ventriloquist on hand with his own wingman—or at least one good enough to fake it.
Nigel and his puppet travel on the New York City subway. After springing out, the puppet starts to say all the inappropriate things Nigel probably wouldn’t be able to get away with to passengers and the women he’s trying to pick up. Nigel’s largely silent, which draws a huge contrast between the two personalities.
As far as PUAs go, it’s one of the tamer ones we’ve seen in a while. Nigel and the puppet aren’t invading any personal space, but he’s also putting these women on the spot by hitting on them in a very public setting with plenty of people around and no way to immediately escape the situation.
Some are more willing to give their numbers than others, but at least the duo offers a way out for those who are hesitant.
With another video promised on Sunday, we’ll just have to wait to watch even more people get uncomfortable with getting hit on by a puppet.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.