- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders 5 Years Ago
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure 5 Years Ago
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts 5 Years Ago
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Today 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Today 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Today 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Today 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Today 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Today 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Today 10:43 AM
- Steve King says backlash to white nationalism comment was like what Jesus went through Today 10:23 AM
- Netflix movies are still eligible for Oscars, Academy rules Today 10:21 AM
- Sheriff’s deputy makes homophobic comments on Facebook after gay teen’s suicide Today 10:02 AM
- The Marvel movies you actually need to see before ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Today 9:10 AM
- Twitter launches new tool to combat misinformation about voting Today 8:44 AM
This dummy is trying to pick up girls on the subway. And he’s got a puppet with him.
If you’re having trouble picking up girls on your own, why not have a dummy do it for you?
Model Pranksters is just the latest YouTube pick-up artist (PUA) trying to show the masses just how the elusive art of getting girls’ numbers—or just motorboat them—is done. For this occasion, they’ve got a ventriloquist on hand with his own wingman—or at least one good enough to fake it.
Nigel and his puppet travel on the New York City subway. After springing out, the puppet starts to say all the inappropriate things Nigel probably wouldn’t be able to get away with to passengers and the women he’s trying to pick up. Nigel’s largely silent, which draws a huge contrast between the two personalities.
As far as PUAs go, it’s one of the tamer ones we’ve seen in a while. Nigel and the puppet aren’t invading any personal space, but he’s also putting these women on the spot by hitting on them in a very public setting with plenty of people around and no way to immediately escape the situation.
Some are more willing to give their numbers than others, but at least the duo offers a way out for those who are hesitant.
With another video promised on Sunday, we’ll just have to wait to watch even more people get uncomfortable with getting hit on by a puppet.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.