- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
Tom Hiddleston may have just helped start the next Ice Bucket Challenge
It’s an adorable video for a great cause.
We realize this is a high bar to reach, but this video may depict Tom Hiddleston at his absolute dreamiest. He’s promoting a worthwhile charity, he’s wearing knitwear, and he’s giggling charmingly over an accidentally-dirty tongue twister. You have been warned.
Thanks to a challenge from fellow actor Damien Lewis, Hiddleston agreed to record a video for #EBTongueTwister. These videos raise awareness for the rare genetic skin disease Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa, whose complicated name inspired the “tongue twister” concept. Think Ice Bucket Challenge, but more suited to February weather.
The EB Tongue Twister challenge was launched last year by the Sohana Research Fund, named after Sohana Collins, a young girl suffering from the disease. The charity is championed by Damian Lewis, who passed on the challenge to Benedict Cumberbatch, Sienna Miller, and Tom Hiddleston. Hiddleston challenged actors Charlie Hunnam, Gemma Arterton, and Dominic West, so we suspect this may be the point where the #EBTongueTwister hashtag really takes off.
Screengrab via Tom Hiddleston/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor