- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Monday 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Monday 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Monday 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Monday 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Monday 11:49 AM
We realize this is a high bar to reach, but this video may depict Tom Hiddleston at his absolute dreamiest. He’s promoting a worthwhile charity, he’s wearing knitwear, and he’s giggling charmingly over an accidentally-dirty tongue twister. You have been warned.
Thanks to a challenge from fellow actor Damien Lewis, Hiddleston agreed to record a video for #EBTongueTwister. These videos raise awareness for the rare genetic skin disease Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa, whose complicated name inspired the “tongue twister” concept. Think Ice Bucket Challenge, but more suited to February weather.
The EB Tongue Twister challenge was launched last year by the Sohana Research Fund, named after Sohana Collins, a young girl suffering from the disease. The charity is championed by Damian Lewis, who passed on the challenge to Benedict Cumberbatch, Sienna Miller, and Tom Hiddleston. Hiddleston challenged actors Charlie Hunnam, Gemma Arterton, and Dominic West, so we suspect this may be the point where the #EBTongueTwister hashtag really takes off.
Screengrab via Tom Hiddleston/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor