- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback 5 Years Ago
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ 5 Years Ago
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison 5 Years Ago
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love 5 Years Ago
- Black model speaks out after fashion show featured racist accessories 5 Years Ago
- CBS to launch ‘House of Brands’ to bulk up streaming Today 11:57 AM
- Steven Spielberg’s daughter is launching a career in adult entertainment Today 11:24 AM
- Congress asks Ring for more information about police partnerships Today 10:38 AM
- Vlogger who posts behind-the-scenes footage at Disney is in trouble with YouTube Today 10:16 AM
- Was Bloomberg owned harder on the debate stage or by Twitter? Today 8:54 AM
- Make ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ your desert island game Today 8:51 AM
- Everyone’s trying to dance like Jennifer Lopez on TikTok Today 8:27 AM
- Why the coronavirus bioweapon theory persists Today 7:57 AM
- You won’t see deleted scenes on the ‘Rise of Skywalker’ home release Today 7:47 AM
- The return of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ throws you right back into the fight Today 7:00 AM
We realize this is a high bar to reach, but this video may depict Tom Hiddleston at his absolute dreamiest. He’s promoting a worthwhile charity, he’s wearing knitwear, and he’s giggling charmingly over an accidentally-dirty tongue twister. You have been warned.
Thanks to a challenge from fellow actor Damien Lewis, Hiddleston agreed to record a video for #EBTongueTwister. These videos raise awareness for the rare genetic skin disease Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa, whose complicated name inspired the “tongue twister” concept. Think Ice Bucket Challenge, but more suited to February weather.
The EB Tongue Twister challenge was launched last year by the Sohana Research Fund, named after Sohana Collins, a young girl suffering from the disease. The charity is championed by Damian Lewis, who passed on the challenge to Benedict Cumberbatch, Sienna Miller, and Tom Hiddleston. Hiddleston challenged actors Charlie Hunnam, Gemma Arterton, and Dominic West, so we suspect this may be the point where the #EBTongueTwister hashtag really takes off.
Screengrab via Tom Hiddleston/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor