- Would you buy a Popeyes chicken sandwich from Quavo for $1,000? 6 Years Ago
- Someone set up a Spider-Man memorial outside D23 Expo Today 2:15 PM
- A$AP Rocky just isn’t texting Trump back Today 1:24 PM
- Hong Kong protesters knock down alleged ‘facial recognition tower’ Today 12:35 PM
- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers Today 11:35 AM
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
Fans check off Talia’s bucket list after her death
From dancing in the rain to having a cake fight, this YouTube star’s 76-item bucket list was full of some of the simpler joys in life.
Fans of one YouTube star are continuing to keep her hopes and dreams alive that she couldn’t accomplish after her death.
Talia Joy Castellano was just 13 when she passed away last week, but during her six-year battle with neuroblastoma and leukemia, she made a series of YouTube makeup tutorials and video blogs about her everyday life that captivated thousands. She caught the attention of Ellen DeGeneres and became an honorary CoverGirl.
Just five days before she died, Castellano posted a list of things she wanted to cross off her bucket list on Facebook. The list consisted of 76 items (some she had already accomplished) and ranged from traveling to making the day of a perfect stranger.
It allowed her to meet Kylie and Kendall Jenner (#35) via a video call shortly after the list went public.
— Kendall Jenner (@KendallJenner) July 11, 2013
Castellano wasn’t able to complete her bucket list, but she had plenty of fans who wanted to do their part in completing it for her. Her family was all for it.
“We’ve had thousands writing in wanting to help Talia achieve some of her goals and others with the wonderful idea of doing items on her bucket list and sharing the photos here,” Angels for Talia wrote. “Well, we think that is an AWESOME idea!!”
Using the hashtag #taliasbucketlist, fans have been posting their photos of colorful rooms, new tattoos, road trips, and burning secrets, which Angels for Talia has added to their ever-growing album. As her fans honor her memory, more of Castellano’s list will get checked off.
57) A lot more color to my room
31) Drink from a coconut
60) Help a “new-be” with cancer
25) Cover a car in sticky notes
3) Dance in the rain
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.