- Hong Kong protesters wear LeBron James masks Wednesday 7:58 PM
- Gina Rodriguez has said N-word before, Twitter discovers Wednesday 6:54 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Broncos on Thursday Night Football Wednesday 6:00 PM
- Feds take down dark web’s largest known child porn site Wednesday 5:33 PM
- Ben Shapiro says his ‘man body’ is just as controlled as women’s Wednesday 5:06 PM
- Genius turns Kylie Jenner’s ‘rise and shine’ meme into alarm ringtone Wednesday 4:14 PM
- In ‘Tell Me Who I Am,’ twin brothers grapple with hidden trauma Wednesday 4:13 PM
- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ Wednesday 3:07 PM
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Wednesday 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Wednesday 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Wednesday 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Wednesday 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Wednesday 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Wednesday 11:14 AM
This T-shirt can fix your bad posture, especially if you’re a gorgeous French model
No T-shirt—or any other gadget—in the world is going to make you look like this.
Gorgeous French people with flawless figures and excellent posture have invented a T-shirt that will change your life—or at least the way your carry yourself.
Using elastic (and fairy dust and pastries), the Up T-Shirt gives you a strong core and shoulders for the low price of 127 euros. Even better, you don’t have to actually go to the gym or exercise or make a serious effort toward taking care of your body.
“It wants to please and to love the people who would wear it,” says Neda Naef, cofounder of UpCouture, whose company description reads, “Elegance and Sex-Appeal come from within.”
Imagine that. Mind-shatteringly beautiful models who look like they already have Olympian posture look good wearing this T-shirt! Huh. Weird. I wonder if they work out.
Honestly, no T-shirt—or any other gadget—in the world is going to make you look like this. Especially if you, like us, spend way too much time on your computer, typing away while your body gradually folds into itself, slouching closer to death.
Incidentally, here is an excellent set of mobility exercises that you can do (anywhere! for free!) to help with this.
It’s no terrible thing to embrace technology that helps us to be more mindful of our bodies, and the Up T-Shirt is not a bad idea—it’s just not sufficient to actually ameliorate the patterns of physical behavior that we have taught ourselves over years and years.
Brendan O’Connor is a technology and politics reporter. In April 2016, he joined Gawker Media Group as a staff writer, where he covers the alt-right for its special projects desk.