- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
Flight with Dallas Ebola nurse leads 2 exotic dancers to quarantine themselves
This is horrifying.
This ebola nurse story just keeps getting weirder and weirder: Two male models and exotic dancers who sat just three feet away from the Dallas nurse stricken with Ebola on a Frontier Airlines flight from Cleveland to Dallas have revealed they’re self-quarantining for three weeks. The two men have started a GoFundMe account to help support them during their quarantine.
According to the Daily Mail, Axl Goode (left) and Taylor Cole (right, with romance novelist Laurann Dohner), who model for romance novel covers, were flying back from RomantiCon, a romance novel convention in Canton, Ohio, when they ended up sitting a few feet away from Amber Vinson, the nurse who was admitted to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas just hours after getting off the plane. (She’s currently in stable condition in an isolation unit at a hospital in Atlanta.)
Since being informed by the CDC that they sat a few feet away from Vinson on the flight, Cole and Goode have announced that they’re putting themselves in a 21-day quarantine, and have washed their clothes and bleached their luggage.
“If she was contagious on that flight, I was there with her in that space for three hours. I would rather keep my friends, family and other people safe by sacrificing the next three weeks and staying indoors in my apartment,” Mr Goode, 26, told MailOnline. Understandably, he says the situation is “horribly frightening.”
The two also took a few seconds of video from the flight, which does not show Vinson (via Inside Edition):
Because Goode and Cole can’t work for the next three weeks, they’ve set up a GoFundMe account to raise money for their basic expenses. The account has raised approximately $2,850 so far. From their GoFundMe page:
Taylor and Axl had the unfortunate turn of events to fly with a nurse from Dallas who may have had active Ebola. Regardless, Taylor and Axl were on that flight and now doing a 21 day quaranteen. They will be unable to work for three weeks and really don’t need the stress of unpaid bills. Spare the boys twenty bucks and make sure they’re working on getting better, not stressing about bills.
(There are also some really steamy headshots of the two on the site, if you’re into that sort of thing.)
H/T Daily Mail | Photo via Axl Goode/Facebook
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.