- We have a lot of questions about this woman’s Hot Cheetos bath 4 Years Ago
- Convincing deepfake drops Neo from ‘The Matrix’ straight into ‘Office Space’ 4 Years Ago
- Kent State gun girl calls for armed insurrection after being booed off campus 4 Years Ago
- James Charles and Tfue took an intimate photo—and the internet is in love Today 10:07 AM
- Ring finally makes two-factor authentication mandatory after series of hacks Today 9:39 AM
- The 2020 guide to live TV streaming for cord cutters Today 8:29 AM
- Popular dating app Growlr just suspended its users Today 8:23 AM
- Apple warns coronavirus expected to cause iPhone ‘supply shortages’ Monday 7:59 PM
- Will ‘The Bachelor’ end without an engagement? Monday 7:44 PM
- This ‘Little Women’ scene just became a meme Monday 7:03 PM
- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
We tried the Starbucks app’s new mobile ordering feature
You can now order Starbucks via their app and pick it up in-store.
If you have been to any Starbucks ever, you know that there is always a line that will suck all of the good feelings right out of you. Luckily, there is now an app for that. Starting today, you can order and pay for your Orange Mocha Frappuccino through the app. A barista at the nearest location of one of the 7,400 Starbucks nationwide will have your drink(s) ready and waiting in minutes.
For the sake of journalism, the Daily Dot tried out the new feature by ordering some of the wildest drinks we could imagine. And then we gave them for free to our staff, of course.
Here is step-by-step how-to guide:
Step 1: Download the app, available for iOS or Android devices.
Step 2: Select the nearest Starbucks location and build your drink! The app allows you to add as many shots, syrups and sugars as you want, so we tried out some interesting combinations.
Step 3: Place your order.
Step 4: Walk to the Starbucks you selected.
Step 5: Skip the line, walk up to a barista and nicely ask for your order. Yeah, you read that right. We said skip the line.
Step 6: Take a photo outside of Starbucks with your new drinks! (Okay, this step is optional.)
Step 7: Bask in the love that your coworkers shower upon you when you return with their drinks. Look at all these caffeinated, productive people!
There you have it! The new mobile order and pay feature of the Starbucks app worked like a dream for the Daily Dot staff. Now, we are going to nap under our desks following a major sugar crash.
Aly Keves is a former Realtime Social Editor at the Daily Dot. While most of her time was spent on Twitter, she made time to write about 'The Bachelor,' adorable videos, and 'The Golden Girls.' She lives in New York City and became Bloomberg's Audience Engagement Editor in 2016.