- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic 7 Years Ago
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
- CDC graphic warns most facial hair isn’t compatible with coronavirus protection measures Thursday 1:31 PM
- Tutoring website refuses to take down ad sexualizing Asian women Thursday 1:24 PM
How did this family survive this horrifying accident?
An elderly driver falls asleep at the wheel, crashes into a tree, and flips his car into oncoming traffic. Somehow, everyone survived.
A terrifying dashcam video from Taiwan shows the moment a car flips skyward and smashes through the front window of an oncoming vehicle. More amazing than the footage: Everyone survived.
Sky Kang was on a trip with his family along the tree-lined Beicheng Bridge street last Sunday. They had no idea that, on the opposite side of the road, a 71-year-old driver had fallen asleep at the wheel, careening dangerously down the tree-lined meridian right into oncoming traffic. In the video, you can see the silver hatchback barrel down the road before it crashes into a tree, flipping and spinning, so that its tail end smashes into the windshield just a foot away from Kang’s face.
As the dust settles, you can hear the terrified screams of his family in the background. But everyone was fine, suffering little more than minor injuries.
Here’s how Kang described it:
Thank god, in the end our entire family was alright. Injuries were unavoidable. What’s been more troubling is the fright the children took (I worry there may be psychological trauma. This will all take time to heal.
I’ve always taught my kids to get in the habit of buckling their seat belts to reduce the chance of harm. But the car came out of nowhere so fast, there was really no time to react.”
H/T The Daily Mail | Photo via YouTube
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.