- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday 4 Years Ago
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it 4 Years Ago
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation 4 Years Ago
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Today 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Today 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Today 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Today 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Today 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Today 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Today 11:47 AM
- Biden says he won’t support federal legalization of marijuana Today 11:42 AM
- People can’t get enough of ‘Baby Yoda’ Today 11:41 AM
- ‘The Crown’ season 3 switches its cast but loses none of its intrigue Today 11:23 AM
- Protesters occupying Hong Kong university post last wishes to Twitter as police move in Today 11:19 AM
- Sara Lee navigates dirty Instagram comments after ‘SNL’ sketch Today 11:18 AM
Reddit porn forum inspires delightfully weird ‘compliment generator’
On r/gonewild, people comment on amateur porn submissions. Now the comments exist in their own strange world.
Warning: This story contains sexually explicit material and is NSFW.
If you’ve never had the pleasure of visiting Reddit’s r/gonewild board, the first thing you should know is that it’s incredibly NSFW. According to the admins, it’s a place where “open-minded Adult Redditors…exchange their nude bodies for karma.” And now a brilliant Redditor has crafted a compliment generator that recycles the subreddit’s horny comments into random phrases each time you refresh.
When you visit r/gonewild, you’ll see that nestled underneath user’s avatars (which often include their favorite naughty body parts) are loads and loads of comments. While tons of Reddit boards are stocked with snark and vicious trolling, this board’s comments tend to range from complimentary (“That’s a beautiful little pussy! Would love to tongue fuck it!”) to helpful (“The best way to show us how tiny you are is to take pics next to a common object, like a dresser, couch, or fridge for comparisons.”)
Because of the nature of the phrases, Redditor suudo melded them together to form altogether new, magical concepts of what is erotic.
Those heels. Hope I see those in a future car movie….let down your hair, so that I may climb the golden stair. Sir
While some of the compliments verge on surrealism (like “One gut to rule them all and in the darkness bind them!”), others are universally useful when you just need a little pick-me-up.
I think it looks great as is, but then I’m a fan of the look. Your choice!
Any random generator is going to have its glitches. As I hungrily refreshed the compliment generator over and over, trying to fill the bottomless pit of need for validation, I came across one odd “compliment” several times. It said, simply: “nah, they’re used to it.” What? Who is used to it? And what does ‘it’ refer to? What does it all mean, oh magic eight-ball of porn chat?
Like what you see when the r/gonewild compliment generator holds its black mirror up to your troubled soul? Lucky for you, suudo made the code available for handy open source use on Github. Now you, too, can make your own web tool that randomly generates user comments found on amateur porn sites.
Illustration by Max Fleishman
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.