- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Wednesday 12:33 PM
Reddit porn forum inspires delightfully weird ‘compliment generator’
On r/gonewild, people comment on amateur porn submissions. Now the comments exist in their own strange world.
Warning: This story contains sexually explicit material and is NSFW.
If you’ve never had the pleasure of visiting Reddit’s r/gonewild board, the first thing you should know is that it’s incredibly NSFW. According to the admins, it’s a place where “open-minded Adult Redditors…exchange their nude bodies for karma.” And now a brilliant Redditor has crafted a compliment generator that recycles the subreddit’s horny comments into random phrases each time you refresh.
When you visit r/gonewild, you’ll see that nestled underneath user’s avatars (which often include their favorite naughty body parts) are loads and loads of comments. While tons of Reddit boards are stocked with snark and vicious trolling, this board’s comments tend to range from complimentary (“That’s a beautiful little pussy! Would love to tongue fuck it!”) to helpful (“The best way to show us how tiny you are is to take pics next to a common object, like a dresser, couch, or fridge for comparisons.”)
Because of the nature of the phrases, Redditor suudo melded them together to form altogether new, magical concepts of what is erotic.
Those heels. Hope I see those in a future car movie….let down your hair, so that I may climb the golden stair. Sir
While some of the compliments verge on surrealism (like “One gut to rule them all and in the darkness bind them!”), others are universally useful when you just need a little pick-me-up.
I think it looks great as is, but then I’m a fan of the look. Your choice!
Any random generator is going to have its glitches. As I hungrily refreshed the compliment generator over and over, trying to fill the bottomless pit of need for validation, I came across one odd “compliment” several times. It said, simply: “nah, they’re used to it.” What? Who is used to it? And what does ‘it’ refer to? What does it all mean, oh magic eight-ball of porn chat?
Like what you see when the r/gonewild compliment generator holds its black mirror up to your troubled soul? Lucky for you, suudo made the code available for handy open source use on Github. Now you, too, can make your own web tool that randomly generates user comments found on amateur porn sites.
Illustration by Max Fleishman
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.