- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
Perhaps there are times when your heart is weary and cynical and you no longer believes that true love exists. Then you see something like this hospital marriage proposal, and you feel like your heart is about to explode with rainbows and glitter.
Lucas D’Onofrio’s girlfriend was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma on February 13. After a doctor prescribed a six-session course of chemotherapy, she finally had her last round last weekend. While that would have been exciting enough, but DOnofrio decided to up the ante by planning a surprise proposal in her hospital room.
Cue the lights. Cue the flowers. Cue the waterworks.
His girlfriend (now fiancée) was treated at the Boca Raton Regional Hospital in Florida. In the video description, D’Onofrio thanks his “family, second family, friends, and nurses” at the hospital.
“Thank you all who helped me, I couldn’t have pulled this off without your help!,” he writes.
Best. Boyfriend. Ever.
Screengrab via Lucas D’Onofrio/YouTube
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.