- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller 5 Years Ago
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Today 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
Perhaps there are times when your heart is weary and cynical and you no longer believes that true love exists. Then you see something like this hospital marriage proposal, and you feel like your heart is about to explode with rainbows and glitter.
Lucas D’Onofrio’s girlfriend was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma on February 13. After a doctor prescribed a six-session course of chemotherapy, she finally had her last round last weekend. While that would have been exciting enough, but DOnofrio decided to up the ante by planning a surprise proposal in her hospital room.
Cue the lights. Cue the flowers. Cue the waterworks.
His girlfriend (now fiancée) was treated at the Boca Raton Regional Hospital in Florida. In the video description, D’Onofrio thanks his “family, second family, friends, and nurses” at the hospital.
“Thank you all who helped me, I couldn’t have pulled this off without your help!,” he writes.
Best. Boyfriend. Ever.
Screengrab via Lucas D’Onofrio/YouTube
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.