- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
Pregnant lady boogies down to ‘Thriller’ to try to induce labor
Mama’s got some moves.
Engaging in strenuous physical activity to induce labor is one of the oldest tricks in the book. But while in the past, women tried to self-induce contractions by toiling in the fields or running away from Mongolian warlords, today’s modern woman tries to induce labor by dancing to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.”
In the video, which was posted last week, mom Bonnie Northsea attempts to induce pregnancy by donning some yoga pants and shimmying to an instructional video version of “Thriller.” She says she recorded the video 40 weeks into her pregnancy.
In the video description, Northsea says the video was intended not just as a way to induce labor a few days past her due date, but it was also a way to help her emotionally grapple with recent bad news in her personal life.
“My husband is fighting a battle with Testicular Cancer (just diagnosed a month ago) so it has been difficult emotionally recently,” she wrote. “This video really helped as it has caused me to laugh over and over again.” Us too, Bonnie.
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.