- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video 4 Years Ago
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Today 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Today 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Today 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Today 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Jets in NFL Week 6 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. 49ers in NFL Week 6 action Saturday 3:05 PM
- Kamala Harris’ ‘lover’ says Jacob Wohl hired him off Craigslist Saturday 2:03 PM
- Korean hair salon dragged for turning straight hair into Afro-textured hair Saturday 1:00 PM
The story behind this photo of a police officer and a toddler will give you all the feels
She lost her dad in a car crash. He tried to cheer her up the only way he knew how.
After a deadly car crash, a police officer was photographed comforting a child at the scene.
Brighton Police officer Nick Struck was the third to arrive at the scene of a vehicle rollover in Brighton, Colorado. All six passengers in the SUV were ejected, leaving one man dead.
A first responder handed Struck the 2-year-old daughter of the man who died in the crash. The officer started singing “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” to comfort the young girl, something he does to calm down his own 2-year-old daughter when she gets hurt.
“So then the role we do is, to keep them safe, what would I want that dad to do if it was my daughter,” Struck told USA Today.
Jessica Matrious, who was behind the wheel when the car crashed, immediately pulled over and called for help. She’s also the woman who snapped the photos of the crash and Struck holding the 2-year-old in his arms.
“I have a 2-year-old daughter, and she’s my first kid. So of course, your first thought is that could be your little daughter,” Struck said.
H/T USA Today, 9News | Photo via Jessica Matrious
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.