- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ 4 Years Ago
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
“Do U ever feel like there’s just TOO MUCH Kardashian news out there?????” celebrity blogger Perez Hilton asked his audience in a post on Tuesday. Your answer doesn’t particularly matter, because his answer is a resounding “YES”—and he’s decided to do something about it.
Monday kicks off #NoKardashiansForAWeek: Hilton is putting the kibosh on all Kardashian koverage, sacrificing that sweet, sweet traffic, and is going to be featuring decidedly different kinds of stories.
All Kardashians, Jenners and their boyfriends/husbands/exes!
Their kids too!!!
So what will we be covering in their place?
Instead of the Kardashian klan, next week we’ll be highlighting DAILY inspiring stories about amazing women from all around the world!
Hilton didn’t elaborate on the types of “amazing women” he’d be featuring or the types of stories, but it’s safe to say that Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Kris, Kylie, and Kendall working at a charity fashion show will not make the cut.
Despite the fact that Hilton said #NoKardashiansForAWeek would be starting next week, people were extremely confused when he shared a Kardashian story on Wednesday.
Are the Kardashians to blame for our education system’s failings in reading comprehension? Not entirely. But a week of inspiring stories and none of their shenanigans certainly couldn’t hurt.
H/T Mashable | Screengrab via Awesomeness TV/YouTube
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.