- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Today 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Today 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Today 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Today 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Today 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Today 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Today 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Today 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Today 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Today 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
“Do U ever feel like there’s just TOO MUCH Kardashian news out there?????” celebrity blogger Perez Hilton asked his audience in a post on Tuesday. Your answer doesn’t particularly matter, because his answer is a resounding “YES”—and he’s decided to do something about it.
Monday kicks off #NoKardashiansForAWeek: Hilton is putting the kibosh on all Kardashian koverage, sacrificing that sweet, sweet traffic, and is going to be featuring decidedly different kinds of stories.
All Kardashians, Jenners and their boyfriends/husbands/exes!
Their kids too!!!
So what will we be covering in their place?
Instead of the Kardashian klan, next week we’ll be highlighting DAILY inspiring stories about amazing women from all around the world!
Hilton didn’t elaborate on the types of “amazing women” he’d be featuring or the types of stories, but it’s safe to say that Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Kris, Kylie, and Kendall working at a charity fashion show will not make the cut.
Despite the fact that Hilton said #NoKardashiansForAWeek would be starting next week, people were extremely confused when he shared a Kardashian story on Wednesday.
Are the Kardashians to blame for our education system’s failings in reading comprehension? Not entirely. But a week of inspiring stories and none of their shenanigans certainly couldn’t hurt.
H/T Mashable | Screengrab via Awesomeness TV/YouTube
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.