- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
Couple of 57 years recreates ‘The Notebook’—and the internet is bawling all over again
‘The first time that he laid eyes on me he said, ‘That’s the girl I’m going to marry.’’
If you were to ask people what romantic film makes them well up with tears, The Notebook would likely be at the top of the list. So it makes sense someone, er, everyone would want to re-create the epic love story in a poignant way.
That’s what photographer Stacy Welch-Christ had in mind when she brought the idea to Clemma and Sterling Elmore—who’ve been married for 57 years.
The couple were fans of the movie—they’ve seen it twice—but were a little nervous about the photo shoot at first.
“I told them they were just to pretend they were movie stars and act like this was a movie and have fun,” Welch-Christ told BuzzFeed. “As soon as they walked out for that first pose, it was the most natural love I have ever photographed.”
And the two apparently have a Notebook-esque love story to fit the sweet photos. Clemma Elmore told ABC News, “He said the first time that he laid eyes on me that he said, ‘That’s the girl I’m going to marry.’” But then she ended up being the one who jokingly popped the question—and they were married the next week.
The Elmores’s key to a long-lasting marriage: “The fact that we never fail to tell each other, probably 10 times a day, ‘I love you,’” Clemma said.
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.