- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
Couple of 57 years recreates ‘The Notebook’—and the internet is bawling all over again
‘The first time that he laid eyes on me he said, ‘That’s the girl I’m going to marry.’’
If you were to ask people what romantic film makes them well up with tears, The Notebook would likely be at the top of the list. So it makes sense someone, er, everyone would want to re-create the epic love story in a poignant way.
That’s what photographer Stacy Welch-Christ had in mind when she brought the idea to Clemma and Sterling Elmore—who’ve been married for 57 years.
The couple were fans of the movie—they’ve seen it twice—but were a little nervous about the photo shoot at first.
“I told them they were just to pretend they were movie stars and act like this was a movie and have fun,” Welch-Christ told BuzzFeed. “As soon as they walked out for that first pose, it was the most natural love I have ever photographed.”
And the two apparently have a Notebook-esque love story to fit the sweet photos. Clemma Elmore told ABC News, “He said the first time that he laid eyes on me that he said, ‘That’s the girl I’m going to marry.’” But then she ended up being the one who jokingly popped the question—and they were married the next week.
The Elmores’s key to a long-lasting marriage: “The fact that we never fail to tell each other, probably 10 times a day, ‘I love you,’” Clemma said.
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.