- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Tuesday 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Tuesday 1:23 PM
Couple of 57 years recreates ‘The Notebook’—and the internet is bawling all over again
‘The first time that he laid eyes on me he said, ‘That’s the girl I’m going to marry.’’
If you were to ask people what romantic film makes them well up with tears, The Notebook would likely be at the top of the list. So it makes sense someone, er, everyone would want to re-create the epic love story in a poignant way.
That’s what photographer Stacy Welch-Christ had in mind when she brought the idea to Clemma and Sterling Elmore—who’ve been married for 57 years.
The couple were fans of the movie—they’ve seen it twice—but were a little nervous about the photo shoot at first.
“I told them they were just to pretend they were movie stars and act like this was a movie and have fun,” Welch-Christ told BuzzFeed. “As soon as they walked out for that first pose, it was the most natural love I have ever photographed.”
And the two apparently have a Notebook-esque love story to fit the sweet photos. Clemma Elmore told ABC News, “He said the first time that he laid eyes on me that he said, ‘That’s the girl I’m going to marry.’” But then she ended up being the one who jokingly popped the question—and they were married the next week.
The Elmores’s key to a long-lasting marriage: “The fact that we never fail to tell each other, probably 10 times a day, ‘I love you,’” Clemma said.
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.