- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Wednesday 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Wednesday 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Wednesday 10:45 AM
An NFL player promposed to a teen cancer patient and excuse us we have something in our eyes
Her reaction is the best.
‘Tis the season of promposals, and we’ve seen quite a few. Some are good, others not so much. However, this promposal featuring an NFL player and a cancer-stricken teen definitely falls into the former category.
As part of Florida’s Dreams Come True program, which fulfills requests for kids with life-threatening ailments, Jacksonville Jaguars defense tackle Sen’Derrick Marks visited 18-year-old Khameyea Jennings at Wolfson Children’s Hospital’s cancer center to ask her an important question.
Armed with a bouquet of red roses, Marks popped in and told Jennings that he’d heard she had a prom next weekend and that her “mom said it was OK” for her to go with him, if she wanted. Her reaction to Marks’ promposal (and mere presence) is both priceless and telling.
Not only did Jennings say yes, she also told Marks to come to the dance wearing a tux of gold and white, so he could represent the Jaguars by wearing the team’s colors. As if that wasn’t adorable enough, Marks went on to ask her for hair advice.
Good call, Jennings. Good call.
H/T Mashable | Screengrab via Jaguars/Twitter
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.