- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France 3 Years Ago
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
Look at these little sweeties, 2-year-old twins Ichika and Taich, all dolled up and sleeping away.
A photo posted by ayumi (@ayumiichi) on
And this cutie, Joey, just 5 months old, styled to the nines and sneaking in a nap:
A photo posted by Laura Izumikawa (@lauraiz) on
So stinking adorable, right? Definitely cute enough to go viral. And their moms should be given props for impeccable art direction and sticking to a general theme (for Ayumi Omori and her twins, it’s a combo of current events and media references; for Laura Izumikawa and daughter Joey, it’s pop culture personas) and seeing it through to over dozens of Instagrams.
But you know what else is remarkable? That these babies can sleep through all of this dress-up and hair-styling and prop-placing and flash photography. If you opened the door to my 15-month-old son’s bedroom while he was sleeping, he’d stand up in his crib and throw his paci on the floor in revolt to my disrupting him.
And yet even more astounding than the luck of raising a good sleeper? That a parent would spend the precious hours of naptime—when she could be catching up on work, shoving food into her face, actually lying the fuck down, anything she doesn’t have time to do when a tiny person is clinging to her—creating these photo shoots.
But hey, as we learned the top mom bloggers can make six figures. So get it, ladies!
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.