- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play 3 Years Ago
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament 3 Years Ago
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes 3 Years Ago
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns 3 Years Ago
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives 3 Years Ago
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist 3 Years Ago
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Today 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Today 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Today 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Today 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Today 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Today 11:49 AM
- Andy Ngo smears antifa activist killed in hit-and-run Today 11:25 AM
- ‘Succession’ but with M&Ms is a pitch-perfect parody Today 11:12 AM
- Logan Paul insists he’s pro-choice after ‘5 abortions’ controversy Today 10:48 AM
Look at these little sweeties, 2-year-old twins Ichika and Taich, all dolled up and sleeping away.
A photo posted by ayumi (@ayumiichi) on
And this cutie, Joey, just 5 months old, styled to the nines and sneaking in a nap:
A photo posted by Laura Izumikawa (@lauraiz) on
So stinking adorable, right? Definitely cute enough to go viral. And their moms should be given props for impeccable art direction and sticking to a general theme (for Ayumi Omori and her twins, it’s a combo of current events and media references; for Laura Izumikawa and daughter Joey, it’s pop culture personas) and seeing it through to over dozens of Instagrams.
But you know what else is remarkable? That these babies can sleep through all of this dress-up and hair-styling and prop-placing and flash photography. If you opened the door to my 15-month-old son’s bedroom while he was sleeping, he’d stand up in his crib and throw his paci on the floor in revolt to my disrupting him.
And yet even more astounding than the luck of raising a good sleeper? That a parent would spend the precious hours of naptime—when she could be catching up on work, shoving food into her face, actually lying the fuck down, anything she doesn’t have time to do when a tiny person is clinging to her—creating these photo shoots.
But hey, as we learned the top mom bloggers can make six figures. So get it, ladies!
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.