- How to watch tonight’s fire Warriors vs. Mavericks matchup online 6 Years Ago
- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera 6 Years Ago
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme 6 Years Ago
- Woman banned from Instagram for sharing d*ck pic she didn’t ask for 6 Years Ago
- People risking concussions for new TikTok challenge Today 11:14 AM
- A ‘Joker’ sequel is in the works from Warner Bros. Today 11:06 AM
- Is Jake Paul going to fight again? There are plenty of clues Today 10:57 AM
- Ghostemane concert abruptly canceled amid ‘safety concerns’ and reported gun threat Today 10:41 AM
- Trump Jr. retweets UFC fighter who called troop a ‘douche bag’ Today 10:26 AM
- The best apps and gadgets for cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast Today 10:22 AM
- Amazon says police can hold on to Ring videos indefinitely Today 9:42 AM
- Henry Cavill on the prospect of playing Superman again: ‘the cape is still in the closet’ Today 9:15 AM
- Why does Pete Buttigieg always tweet ‘buh’? Today 9:08 AM
- Noah Hawley will direct the next ‘Star Trek’ movie starring Chris Pine Today 8:51 AM
- Vidgo is a streaming bonanza of live sports Today 8:40 AM
This weight-loss time-lapse GIF is every dieter’s dream
This girl wound up losing almost 90 pounds with “virtually zero intentional exercise.”
On July 5, 2011, Reddit user dignityblows decided to change her life. The 5-foot-4-inch gal weighed 222 pounds and couldn’t stand it any longer.
“I took a good, hard look at myself and decided to reclaim my health,” dignityblows wrote on Reddit’s r/keto community, a forum for those on the high-fat, low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet.
Thanks to her diet, dignityblows ended up losing 87 pounds with “virtually zero intentional exercise.”
Dignityblows captured photographs of her progress and uploaded them to Imgur. On Monday night, a friend of hers created a stunning time-lapse GIF of her progress.
“Please believe me when I tell you I did not plan my facial expressions, nor did I intentionally arrange them in a way to make my face more flattering in later photos,” she said. “In the early stages of taking progress pictures, I literally only took one photo of myself. I hated the way I looked and wanted to spend as little time in front of the mirror as possible. I didn’t realize that I should’ve opened up my face more, smiled, cleared the hair out of my eyes and stood up straight. I had so little self-confidence that the thought honestly never crossed my mind.”
For more info on how dignityblows lost the weight, check out her lengthy post on r/keto from last summer. It includes a breakdown of her daily calorie intake and vitamin regiment.
Photos via dignityblows | GIF via andrewinmelbourne
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.