- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free 3 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
These are the First Lady’s finest social media moments.
Come January, we’re really going to miss Michelle Obama. Sure, Barack has the dad jeans, but Michelle seems like a friendly genius who could help me with my push-up form. Plus, she’s probably the most compelling First Lady in recent memory.
Anyway, Michelle Obama just joined Snapchat in an attempt to engage with young people—not that the First Lady seems to have any problem using social media. Here are some of her best moments:
1) That time she completely understood what summer Instagram was meant for: garden envy.
The @WHKitchenGarden is in full bloom! Today we have students from Wisconsin, Colorado, Louisiana and Washington, DC joining the First Lady, Rachel Ray and @Tastemade’s @FrankieCooks to harvest the garden and prepare a fresh garden-to-table lunch. 🍅🌽🍏 #LetsMove
A photo posted by Michelle Obama (archived) (@michelleobama44) on
2) That time she said “Turnip for what?” and it made you groan more than any dad joke.
3) That time she remembered that the only reason anyone is on the internet is for cute animal photos.
4) That time she included the likes of Aretha Franklin, Destiny’s Child, and Hamilton on a Spotify playlist.
5) That time she also shared her workout mix and it included freakin’ “Whip My Hair.”
6) That time…just…whatever this dance is.
Presumably, she will be continuing her social media life after she leaves the White House, but if not, let’s try to enjoy her now. Turnip for Michelle Obama.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'