- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Today 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Today 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Today 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Today 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Today 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Today 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Today 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
Come January, we’re really going to miss Michelle Obama. Sure, Barack has the dad jeans, but Michelle seems like a friendly genius who could help me with my push-up form. Plus, she’s probably the most compelling First Lady in recent memory.
Anyway, Michelle Obama just joined Snapchat in an attempt to engage with young people—not that the First Lady seems to have any problem using social media. Here are some of her best moments:
1) That time she completely understood what summer Instagram was meant for: garden envy.
The @WHKitchenGarden is in full bloom! Today we have students from Wisconsin, Colorado, Louisiana and Washington, DC joining the First Lady, Rachel Ray and @Tastemade’s @FrankieCooks to harvest the garden and prepare a fresh garden-to-table lunch. 🍅🌽🍏 #LetsMove
A photo posted by Michelle Obama (archived) (@michelleobama44) on
2) That time she said “Turnip for what?” and it made you groan more than any dad joke.
3) That time she remembered that the only reason anyone is on the internet is for cute animal photos.
4) That time she included the likes of Aretha Franklin, Destiny’s Child, and Hamilton on a Spotify playlist.
5) That time she also shared her workout mix and it included freakin’ “Whip My Hair.”
6) That time…just…whatever this dance is.
Presumably, she will be continuing her social media life after she leaves the White House, but if not, let’s try to enjoy her now. Turnip for Michelle Obama.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'