- Would you buy a Popeyes chicken sandwich from Quavo for $1,000? Today 3:05 PM
- Someone set up a Spider-Man memorial outside D23 Expo Today 2:15 PM
- A$AP Rocky just isn’t texting Trump back Today 1:24 PM
- Hong Kong protesters knock down alleged ‘facial recognition tower’ Today 12:35 PM
- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers Today 11:35 AM
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
The Internet is checking off this teen girl’s bucket list
Lola is 16 and suffering from terminal cancer, but her fans online are making sure she gets to do everything she wants with the time she has left.
Lauren “Lola” Scott was diagnosed with metastatic retroperitoneal undifferentiated soft tissue sarcoma in December 2009. She’s been inspired by Castellano and YouTube musician Zach Sobiech, who also recently passed away from cancer.
Since then, she’s been through five rounds of chemotherapy, 36 radiation treatments, and two relapses. Now 16 years old, she’s learned that the cancer has continued to grow despite the treatments.
Shortly after the update on her diagnosis, a visit from a hospice nurse made her look at her life and what she still wanted to accomplish.
“It was really scary,” she wrote about the experience of discussing DNR papers and oxygen tubes. “It got me thinking what I want to do before I go.”
She’s already completed a number of items on her own (one of the more recent items crossed off was to get a tattoo), but her fans have stepped in to help. Using the hashtag #lolasbucketlist, fans have printed out a photo of Scott’s face and taken her with them as they aid her in completing all her final wishes.
Lola and friends went for Bloody Marys (she drank a Shirley Temple) in New York City:
Lola at the Fun. concert in New York:
Now fans are determined to help Scott meet one of her idols, Demi Lovato. As for Scott, she’s touched by her fans’ constant support.
“It’s a wonderful thing just putting it all out there and being vulnerable,” she told MyFoxPhilly. “It’s a good type of vulnerable though. And just having all these people gravitate towards me, say such nice things. When I think of them it just makes me happy.”
H/T MyFoxPhilly | Photo via Team Lola/Facebook
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.