- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
TA inadvertently invites entire class to her X-rated Google Hangout
This University of Iowa teaching assistant just lived out everyone’s worst email nightmare.
A teaching assistant at the University of Iowa meant to send students the correct answers to their Math for Business homework, but ended up emailing the class something very different: screenshots of a cybersex session between herself and her boyfriend.
Students began tweeting about the email attachment Tuesday and rumors spread about the “nude gifs” of homemade porn, captured during a Google+ Hangout.
Class with the most famous TA in University of Iowa history starts in an hour and a half. Wish me luck! Should I ask for an autograph?
— Andrew Merschman (@merschman) October 23, 2013
breaking news: an Iowa TA accidentally emailed naked pictures of herself to 80+ students instead of sending the study guide #uhoh
— Olivia Middleton (@livinthemiddle) October 23, 2013
Akward moment when one of the TA’s for my math class sends out screenshots of her VERY “private chat” to all of her students #iowa
— Jack Duval (@duvy5) October 23, 2013
According to TFM, the teacher was back in class Wednesday morning, trying to play it off like nothing had happened.
“Per Iowa student @charlieholmgren: The TA was teaching her 7:30 discussion session this morning trying to act like nothing happened but clearly very rattled. No one said anything about it but it was just extremely awkward.”
The school has since issued a statement confirming that the TA did send “an email with inappropriate content” to her students, adding that “the individual who sent the messages has stated that it was an accident. She regrets her actions.”
The statement said that the incident would be handled according to university regulations, but didn’t clarify what consequences the unfortunate teaching assistant will face—beyond having her intimate photos spread around the student body and the Internet, that is.
Gaby Dunn is an actress, comedian, and blogger who covered YouTube for the Daily Dot. Since 2016, she’s hosted the podcast ‘Bad with Money,’ and operates a successful YouTube channel. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times, the Boston Globe, Vice, and Salon.