- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Today 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Today 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Today 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Today 10:40 AM
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Today 10:15 AM
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook Today 10:11 AM
- Uncanny ‘Back to the Future’ deepfake transports Tom Holland and Robert Downey, Jr. to 1985 Today 10:04 AM
- Everyone is doing the Renegade. Including the teen who started it Today 9:23 AM
- Reality Winner is asking for clemency—will she get it? Today 7:59 AM
- There’s a Baby Yoda mod for ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ Today 7:38 AM
- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
This homeless veteran’s incredible transformation will leave you speechless
This 3-minute makeover video may have changed a vet’s life forever.
It’s not always easy transitioning to everyday life after leaving the military, but one Michigan charity is trying to makes things easier for homeless veterans right around Veterans Day.
U.S. Army veteran Jim Wolf hasn’t had an ideal life since returning home. He has struggled with poverty, homelessness, and alcoholism for decades, but two months ago he volunteered to undergo a physical transformation for Degage Ministries, a charity that aims to help veterans who have fallen on hard times and transform their lives.
Rob Bliss, who’s become known around Grand Rapids, Mich. for pulling off viral stunts such as releasing 100,000 paper airplanes on the streets and putting together a record-breaking lip dub of “American Pie,” met Wolf through Degage. Wanting to do things “for the better of [the] community, he decided to help Wolf turn his life around.
In a time-lapse inspired by Dove’s viral “Evolution” ad campaign, Bliss captured Wolf’s transformation as he received a new haircut, a beard trim, and some new clothes. He’s almost unrecognizable by the end, and his gratitude shines through once he sees himself.
Since making the video, Wolf has started attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and has received housing. His journey is just beginning.
Photo via RobBlissCreative/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.