- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ 5 Years Ago
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Today 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Today 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
This homeless veteran’s incredible transformation will leave you speechless
This 3-minute makeover video may have changed a vet’s life forever.
It’s not always easy transitioning to everyday life after leaving the military, but one Michigan charity is trying to makes things easier for homeless veterans right around Veterans Day.
U.S. Army veteran Jim Wolf hasn’t had an ideal life since returning home. He has struggled with poverty, homelessness, and alcoholism for decades, but two months ago he volunteered to undergo a physical transformation for Degage Ministries, a charity that aims to help veterans who have fallen on hard times and transform their lives.
Rob Bliss, who’s become known around Grand Rapids, Mich. for pulling off viral stunts such as releasing 100,000 paper airplanes on the streets and putting together a record-breaking lip dub of “American Pie,” met Wolf through Degage. Wanting to do things “for the better of [the] community, he decided to help Wolf turn his life around.
In a time-lapse inspired by Dove’s viral “Evolution” ad campaign, Bliss captured Wolf’s transformation as he received a new haircut, a beard trim, and some new clothes. He’s almost unrecognizable by the end, and his gratitude shines through once he sees himself.
Since making the video, Wolf has started attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and has received housing. His journey is just beginning.
Photo via RobBlissCreative/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.