- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
This homeless veteran’s incredible transformation will leave you speechless
This 3-minute makeover video may have changed a vet’s life forever.
It’s not always easy transitioning to everyday life after leaving the military, but one Michigan charity is trying to makes things easier for homeless veterans right around Veterans Day.
U.S. Army veteran Jim Wolf hasn’t had an ideal life since returning home. He has struggled with poverty, homelessness, and alcoholism for decades, but two months ago he volunteered to undergo a physical transformation for Degage Ministries, a charity that aims to help veterans who have fallen on hard times and transform their lives.
Rob Bliss, who’s become known around Grand Rapids, Mich. for pulling off viral stunts such as releasing 100,000 paper airplanes on the streets and putting together a record-breaking lip dub of “American Pie,” met Wolf through Degage. Wanting to do things “for the better of [the] community, he decided to help Wolf turn his life around.
In a time-lapse inspired by Dove’s viral “Evolution” ad campaign, Bliss captured Wolf’s transformation as he received a new haircut, a beard trim, and some new clothes. He’s almost unrecognizable by the end, and his gratitude shines through once he sees himself.
Since making the video, Wolf has started attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and has received housing. His journey is just beginning.
Photo via RobBlissCreative/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.