- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Hollywood residents freak out over Airbnb guests’ outdoor sex party
Run for the hills!
Dita de Leon wanted to share her “dream home” with others on Airbnb for $35 a night; they were provided with a tent, a beautiful location on La Punta Drive, and a short walking distance to the Hollywood sign. However, neighbors in the ritzy neighborhood are accusing her guests of smoking, drinking, and having sex within view of their backyards.
“People buck naked, people doing sex out in open. Drinking. Our own backyard, it’s scary. Scared to come out,” neighbor Sanjeeb Kumar told NBC4.
Airbnb shut down de Leon’s listing, and now she’s striking back. She wrote on Facebook that the whole thing is a “web of lies,” and says her neighbors have no proof that the horny campers weren’t just trespassers.
“A small group of neighbors are breaking the law with defamation and invasion of privacy which I can not discuss as my lawyers will be handling the matter,” she wrote, alongside photos of news vans and drones circling her property.
Airbnb might be your home away from home, but when it comes to having sex, there are still unspoken rules. Whether de Leon’s guests were actually engaging in lewd behavior is still up in the air, but even if they were, occasionally seeing someone have sex is a small price to pay for living in the Hollywood Hills. Boogie Nights, anyone?
Airbnb gave a statement to NBC4, confirming that de Leon’s listing had been taken down:
“The listing is no longer on the site. Airbnb guests expect unique and authentic travel experiences and in turn communities rightfully expect considerate visitors. We have had more than 40 million guests stay with Airbnb. Problems for hosts, guests and neighbors are extremely rare but when they happen, we work fast to make things right.”
Even though de Leon is struggling, we imagine it won’t be long before she’s back on her feet. She just rented out her RV to Wiz Khalifa.
H/T Death and Taxes | Illustration by Max Fleishman
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'