- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world 5 Years Ago
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers Today 11:02 AM
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
- What is going on with C-3PO in the final trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 10:04 AM
- Amazon’s facial recognition misidentified Boston athletes as criminals Today 9:08 AM
- Trump sparks outrage by calling impeachment ‘lynching’ Today 8:58 AM
- Rose Tico returns in the final ‘Rise of Skywalker’ trailer Today 8:44 AM
- Pokémon Go player fatally shot after witnessing robbery Today 8:05 AM
- How to watch ‘Doc Martin’ Today 8:00 AM
- Review: The Outer Worlds is so much more than ‘Fallout in space’ Today 8:00 AM
- Even Jack Burkman’s clients don’t want anything to do with his pro-Trump smears Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘My Life Is Murder’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
Shannon Briggs trolls opponent at sea, knocks him off paddleboard
This is some master trolling.
Former heavyweight boxing champion Shannon Briggs is used to causing waves, and he knocked current champ Wladimir Klitschko off his feet—literally.
In an effort to talk Klitschko into giving him a title shot, Briggs has taken to stalking the heavyweight champ. “Everywhere you go, I go,” Briggs shouted as his speedboat did circles around Klitschko, causing his paddleboard to capsize.
This is the third time Briggs has been videotaped showing up uninvited and antagonizing Klitschko. Earlier this summer, he interrupted one of Klitschko’s workouts, and was recently filmed barging in on a brunch date between the champ and his friend.
Admittedly, each incident smells more like a WWE promo than it does a real-life confrontation. In fact, there are more than a few similarities between these videos and the “Drake vs. Blake” ESPYs sketch. But it doesn’t matter if it’s all staged—they’re still hilarious.
For Briggs’s sake, I hope if he does get his title shot that things don’t end like they did when he fought Klitschko’s brother, and wound up being hospitalized with numerous injuries.
Screengrab via Fight News/YouTube | Remix by Jason Reed
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.