- Amazon’s ‘Clifford the Big Red Dog’ reboot isn’t for you—and that’s fine 5 Years Ago
- Walmart pulls ‘Let it snow’ cocaine sweater, ruining Christmas 5 Years Ago
- The way Facebook serves political ads could be driving polarization 5 Years Ago
- A YouTuber simulated a mass shooting from his hotel room—and then posted the videos 5 Years Ago
- Trump tries another ‘Simpsons’ defense as impeachment articles drop Today 10:52 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ attempts to contain its dragon with mixed results in episode 4 Today 9:24 AM
- James Comey puts ‘Fox & Friends’ on blast Today 8:54 AM
- Nick Cannon’s latest Eminem diss is not working out for him Today 8:27 AM
- Conservatives want a war on porn. It’s puritanical sex values that need to go Today 7:00 AM
- The year in Meghan McCain news cycles Today 6:30 AM
- Why Tumblr is totally obsessed with 2 characters from Stephen King’s ‘It’ Today 6:00 AM
- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
Author Lacey Noonan wanted to write A Gronking To Remember, an erotic ebook about Rob Gronkowski. But this Ohio couple would rather just forget.
The lovebirds, who are featured on the cover of the erotic ebook, have filed suit against Noonan, claiming that their engagement photos were used without permission.
“The cover of the book contains a photograph of the Plaintiffs which was taken as part of their engagement journey leading toward their wedding,” the complaint states, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“The photograph was appropriated by the Defendants for commercial gain without the permission of the Plaintiffs nor with the permission of any lawful copyright holder.”
The suit also names Apple, Amazon and Barnes and Noble as well, which sold the ebook. It’s still unclear how Noonan found the photo in the first place.
A Gronking To Remember is the erotic journey of one woman’s path to pleasure, borne of an obsession with New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski. The book has been featured on countless websites and late night TV shows. There’s even a sequel that’s more dark and twisted than the original.
“The subject matter of the book, A Gronking to Remember, is less than tasteful and is offensive,” reads the complaint. “The use of the Plaintiffs’ image has held them up to ridicule and embarrassment.”
The couple is seeking “any profits derived from and attributable to” the unauthorized use, or $10,000, as well as compensatory damages of $25,000, the attorneys’ fee, and court costs, according to the Boston Globe.
In the meantime, while the case makes its way through Ohio federal court, Noonan has wisely opted for a new ebook cover featuring a different couple.
Photo via WEBN-TV/Flickr (CC BY ND 2.0)
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.