- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
Author Lacey Noonan wanted to write A Gronking To Remember, an erotic ebook about Rob Gronkowski. But this Ohio couple would rather just forget.
The lovebirds, who are featured on the cover of the erotic ebook, have filed suit against Noonan, claiming that their engagement photos were used without permission.
“The cover of the book contains a photograph of the Plaintiffs which was taken as part of their engagement journey leading toward their wedding,” the complaint states, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“The photograph was appropriated by the Defendants for commercial gain without the permission of the Plaintiffs nor with the permission of any lawful copyright holder.”
The suit also names Apple, Amazon and Barnes and Noble as well, which sold the ebook. It’s still unclear how Noonan found the photo in the first place.
A Gronking To Remember is the erotic journey of one woman’s path to pleasure, borne of an obsession with New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski. The book has been featured on countless websites and late night TV shows. There’s even a sequel that’s more dark and twisted than the original.
“The subject matter of the book, A Gronking to Remember, is less than tasteful and is offensive,” reads the complaint. “The use of the Plaintiffs’ image has held them up to ridicule and embarrassment.”
The couple is seeking “any profits derived from and attributable to” the unauthorized use, or $10,000, as well as compensatory damages of $25,000, the attorneys’ fee, and court costs, according to the Boston Globe.
In the meantime, while the case makes its way through Ohio federal court, Noonan has wisely opted for a new ebook cover featuring a different couple.
Photo via WEBN-TV/Flickr (CC BY ND 2.0)
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.