- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
GoFundMe campaign for man stabbed while defending girlfriend from catcaller exceeds goal
The GoFundMe campaign has already exceeded its goal.
The Internet has a mixed relationship with the time-honored tradition of yelling at women. But it’s unabashedly in favor of guys who end up in intensive care after standing up for their girlfriend.
The San Francisco Police Department didn’t immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment. But local ABC News reported that Ben Schwartz was stabbed nine times in the Tenderloin district that morning, by a man who had made comments about Schwartz’s girlfriend, Miyoko Moody.
Since the stabbing, a GoFundMe fundraiser for Schwartz, apparently created by Moody, has raised more than $30,000, surpassing its $25,000 goal. Schwartz told ABC News that his assailant’s knife had punctured his right lung from behind, but luckily barely missed his spinal cord.
The money will go toward Schwartz’s medical bills and rent, Moody said.
Photo via GoFundMe
A former senior politics reporter for the Daily Dot, Kevin Collier focuses on privacy, cybersecurity, and issues of importance to the open internet. Since leaving the Daily Dot in March 2016, he has served as a reporter for Vocativ and a cybersecurity correspondent for BuzzFeed.